Brag about your comp here

Kefka

Your local Schizophrenic
I just got a new computer a while ago and It is much better than my old comp.

Its made by EMachines
its got a 2.30 GHz Intel Celeron Processor
80 GB of of hard drive space
A 48x Max CD-RW
A 16x Max DVD Rom
10/100 Mbs Ethernet conected to a Cable Modem
512 MB DDR
6 USB Ports.
3D Intel Extime Grahics AGP

ah that feels good, your turn...

for the specs on my old computer, take all thealmost all the numbers up top and divide it in half, also take away the CD-RW, the DVD Rom and it was made by compac.

Uhhh ......

It says I have 37.2 GB of hard drive

I got a modem, a cd drive and speakers.

I dunno half the crap you said. :D

Originally posted by CurtSibling

200 Gigs of space.
how much of that space do you currently use?
We had our old comp for about a three years and it only filled up abotu 20 Gigs of space. 200 in my Opinion is just a bit over kill ;) I feel that comps that with that much space are really only that high for bragging rights.
cause the normal person will never use up that much space before they go buy a new comp ;)

Originally posted by Kefka
cause the normal person will never use up that much space before they go buy a new comp ;)
Curt is anything but normal... :mischief:

Same for me; went on for years and never managed to use more 1/4 of my 40 gig HD. :lol:

wow that was quick to move, I had hardley got done editing my post when you moved it :goodjob:
Considering there're 4 of us now in the Colliseum; things had become more... 'efficient'. :mischief:

There're even cases of 2 mods closing/moving the same thread at the same time. :lol:

So, beware. :p

If you're into videoediting 200GB isn't much. I still have to figure out how I'm supposed to get in 5hrs of good quality video on our 120GB HD to edit it.:(

My computer:
2,5 GHz
120GB HD
1 DVD-ROM
1 DVD-writer
ADSL-connection (not part of the computer though)
512 MB RAM
FireWire
USB
Geforce 4

how much of that space do you currently use?
We had our old comp for about a three years and it only filled up abotu 20 Gigs of space. 200 in my Opinion is just a bit over kill ;) I feel that comps that with that much space are really only that high for bragging rights.

200gb is not much at all. I know people with 1.4tb of total hd space (and he's filling it up too).

for my specs:

2.4 Ghz P4
768 mb RAM
128mb GeForce 4 Ti-4200 Video Card
onboard sound
80gb hd
40x cdr
16x dvd
cable isp

If you'd give me about a week I should be fit to brag then as it's not exactly working at the moment but this will be the specs

AMD Athlon xp 2500
120GB hardrive with 8MB cache
512MB DDR RAM
I'm unsure what graphics card to get, I'm drifting between a GeForce 4 Ti4280P or a Raedon 9600 pro both 128MB.

Originally posted by funxus
If you're into videoediting 200GB isn't much. I still have to figure out how I'm supposed to get in 5hrs of good quality video on our 120GB HD to edit it.:(

200GB is plenty for editing video...

unless you're going to do something stupid like capture into max res uncompressed .avi and then capture some more, without even bothering to process your first cap and so on...

Not much to brag about, but i'm more than satisfied with my main system:

Pentium III @ 1006 MHz
GeForce 2 GTS, 32mb
512mb PC-133 SDRAM
120gb Seagate Barracuda Harddrive, 7200 rpm
48x CD-ROM/16x DVD
HP 9100-class Burner
2 USB-ports, 2 PS/2 ports
Cable connection with router
Running Windows 2000, SP 4

Originally posted by phoenix_night

200GB is plenty for editing video...

unless you're going to do something stupid like capture into max res uncompressed .avi and then capture some more, without even bothering to process your first cap and so on...
What format should I use then? MPEG?

I don't want to lose quality, and in the end I want them on a few DVD+Rs. The problem is that I probably will need a copy of the original files and the edited files at the same time on the computer. Checking in Windows it says that the HD I have is 111MB, minus what is already installed it leaves 60 GB. The video files on my computer right now are AVIs, where 1h video takes 13GB.

NF7-S Revision 2 Motherboard
Athlon XP 1700+ (DLT3C 0310XPMW) @ 2.2 (11*205) can do 2.4(200*12)
SLK-800 with Vantec Tornado (In about a month I'll have a water cooling setup)
Sparkle 300W PSU
60 GB 5200 RPM HDD
DVD and CD-RW drives
512MB of PC3200 RAM
Radeon 9500 Non-Pro 128MB red PCB (I got this version because there is a chance it can be soft modded into a 9700Non-Pro and then OCed into a 9700 Pro) in the mail.

Oh and please say if you CPU is a Athlon, Duron, Celeron, P4, etc because there is a differnce between say a 2.2 Ghz Athlon and a 2.2 Ghz P4 (in this case the Athlon would be much faster because AMD CPUs do more work per a clock cycle then Intel cpus, this is way AMD puts performance ratings on Athlons).

HP Pavillion 8770c
850Mhz Athalon Processor
256mb Ram
43 gig hard drive.
16mb NVidia TNT AGP 2x
CD/RW - DVD ROM
17" Monitor.

What? We're supposed to brag??!! :cry:
Give me a couple of months, and I'll post my 3gig system I'm getting. . .

Originally posted by CurtSibling
Copy of Morrowind Tribunal on the HD.
What more do you need?
You need Bloodmoon. :D

Anyway, here're my comp's specs...

AMD Athlon 1.0 GHZ
256 MB Ram
12 + 60 GB Maxtor Hard Drive
CD/RW - CD ROM
17" Sony Trinitron Monitor
Elsa Gladiac 551 Graphics Card
CoolerMaster Aluminum Case

It's more than 2 years old now. :(

Compared to most of the braggers, my comp sounds a year old, but here it is :

P-4 2 GHz,
256 mb sdram,
GeForce 2,
40 gb hdd,
48x CD-R,
DVD-ROM
3-D surround sound system.

Not much, but it will do :cool:

My home PC is much like TF's... and about 2 years old or so. I'd upped it a bit recently though. :)

Athlon 1 GHz
512 DDR SD-RAM
40 Gig HD (with Morrowind and Civ3/PTW; what more do you need :p)
GF4 MMX card - cheap type
48x40x48 CD-RW
Normal SB soundcard
Purple full aluminium casing

Good enough for me. :yeah:

Top Bottom