Brand new game, hopefully

biplano

Warlord
Hey all.

I want start a new game whit 4 or 5 players.

Just 2 initial points:

I´m loking for people commited that will follow to the end. So, please, if you not sure, or never played this before, don´t post here.

About the game itself, maybe a space race? I´m open to suggestions since i just wanna play and have fun.

Cheers.

I'd play an additional game.

Are you thinking a variant like "Always Peace" to force it into a true Space Race?

Don´t know, could be.

Do you already play whit this option? What about that desperate attack at your foe´s capital?

Anyway, i´ll go for what the majority wants.

Well I've never played with it before, and I'd imagine it would create a pretty static game tbh - with little need to invest in military you could ignore lots of tech to concentrate on getting to Space ASAP. Only reason I suggested it was because you'd mentioned Space, and maybe it would be the only way to ensure the game lasted that long?

Maybe, if we turn on the city flip after conquest, i´m not sure but, i guess that´s will sustain the option of an final attack (or an earlier one) whitout the possibility of a conquest victory (witch we´ll disable).

Do you think that could work?

tbh, I'm not really sure how much of an effect that option has - never played with it - but it might be worth having a go.

Ok then. Let´s wait to see what the other (possible) players think about this.

Do you have any preferences for other aspects?

I´d go for a small map whit 4/5 players, maybe the medium/small continents or a pangea...
And about the start, should be a later one?

Yeah, maybe an advanced-era start would push us out of the typical early-game loop.

Generally I'm easy on settings; I prefer some randomness (e.g. barbs, huts, events) but am usually overruled; prefer no tech brokering, but again am easy either way. Prefer to be guaranteed to meet the other civs, so pangaea or big/small / medium/small are good.

It´s all ok for me.

Now, if there´s no other players, do you accept to change all this for a duel game?
Maybe the space thing aren´t atractive enought...

I guess that we can put 3 Ai´s to give us some early objectives.

Let´s say:

Small map
Medium/Small mapscript
Every other aspects ramdom except:
No tech trading
No vassal states
Medieval start

And we pick a civ or go ramdom to? What do you think?

Game started as we agreed. Including medieval start.
Since are just 2 of us, i believe that we´ll not ned this thread to play.
We can keep fast paced by email.

Anything that´s not right whit the save that i sent you, tell me...

Good luck.

Well... I want to continue the "duel" game that´s already started, but we can start another one. PM me or post here and we can start a new thread whit another game. Do you have any idea about the game you desire?

Top Bottom