Brave New Maps

sukritact

Artist and Modder
I didn't really like the style of the new BNW maps; so I made this mod. It replaces the maps and DOMs with alternate versions;

Assyria

Spoiler :

Brazil

Spoiler :

Indonesia

Spoiler :

Morocco

Spoiler :

Poland

Spoiler :

Portugal

Spoiler :

Shoshone

Spoiler :

Venice

Spoiler :

Zulu

Spoiler :

The maps can be disabled individually by changing the folder name of the civ in question or deleting it altogether.

Credits to Janboruta for his awesome Venetian Map!

Download here

Beautiful!

Any chance you could use these for your Civ Accurate Maps project?

I intend to do so; the official maps would be much harder to translate given the style they're in (text overlapping embellishments, etc.).

I've already translated Poland (thanks again to Janboruta).

Thank you so much, sukritact!

Firaxis/2K Games should hire you to make the maps (if they were to open up offices in Thailand), as well as icon design.

@sukritact Would you mind terribly if I used your Venetian DOM image for my Venetian mod? I would like to offer janboruta's map as an alternative and this would save me the trouble of doing the DOM from scratch. Appropriate credit is a given, of course.

Why does map of Venice lacks country name (like 'Republic of Venice') unlike the other maps? It feels slightly incomplete without the name.

Oh...

Generally speaking I usually will disable that layer when working with the DOM; it just gets in the way. I must have forgotten to re-enable it; thanks for pointing that out.

You forgot to remove "Poland under King Casimir" out of the map of Poland in the DOM; same with Portugal.

Top Bottom