Brave New World Patch notes! Version 1.0.3.276

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDjinn

Deity
(Patch releasing later today, 10/27/14)

Version 1.0.3.276

[EXPLOIT]
• Fixed tech overflow bug that could allow a user to get free tech each turn for multiple turns. The size of the maximum allowable science overflow is now set at 5 turns of science (about the same as a unmodified research agreement) OR the unmodified cost of the last tech researched, whichever is larger. AI also understands this adjustment.
• Fixed a multiplayer bug that would allow a player to steal everything from another player when trading.

[GAMEPLAY]
• Allow Conquest of the New World achievements to be unlocked when playing the Deluxe version of the scenario.
• Slight nerf to Tradition, and a boost to Piety (by adding one more prerequisite for Legalism and taking one away from Reformation).
• Scale warmonger penalties by era (50% of normal strength in Ancient up to 90% in Industrial; 100% thereafter). Penalties for warmongering vs. City-States halved.
• Added Cocoa and Bison resources from the Conquest Deluxe scenario into the main game.

[MULTIPLAYER]
• The autoslotting of human players when loading a saved game in LAN multiplayer was broken when trying to play round-to-round. This has been fixed.
• Players now properly exit LAN games when they encounter a version mismatch.
• Players can now set their nick name in LAN games.
• Fixed an issue where player would get stuck on the joining multiplayer game screen if they used an incomplete IP address while attempting to join by ip address.
• Notifications are no longer considered “broadcast” unless the player is connected to the game. This will make it easier to communicate information to players who were not connected when the message was broadcast.
• Players now unready themselves if the host changes the game settings before the game started.
• The number of player slots available was not updating for connected remote clients when the host increased the map size on the staging room.
• Fixed an issue causing AI civs that used to be players to still have the player's Steam name after the player leaves in Multiplayer.
• A player's name in the staging room chat panel no longer swaps if they swapped player slots.
• Some multiplayer notifications can now expire at the end of the next turn.
• Some multiplayer notifications will not expire until the player has network connected to the game.
• Multiple hot-joining bugs fixed in Pitboss.

[MISC BUGS]
• The icon no longer changes to a spinning globe during diplomacy (this normally means the game is busy).
• Don't show a third-party civ or City-State on the trade panel list to "Declare War" or "Make Peace" unless both players have met that civ or City-State.

interesting, can you explain how the tradition and piety trees work now?

I thought they'd nerf the cargo ships, but it's still really powerful

(by adding one more prerequisite for Legalism and taking one away from Reformation).

Basically, the social Policy trees got adjusted so that Legalism (and therefore the later two SPs) takes an extra SP, which makes it a bit longer before Landed Elite or Monarchy can be taken. Which slows down the early game slightly.

It will inevitably (just guessing) mean that a Monument before Legalism will be commonplace.

For Piety, Reformation lost a connection, meaning that you can reform an early religion faster (one SP faster) and therefore 'maybe' use early game Reformations more viably.

It looks nice, and with BE out, a "final" patch update for BNW was to be expected. I hoped for more (especially official mod support for multiplayer) but I will take what I get.

Thanks, Firaxis. Thanks for all your support and everyone who worked on this game. I can only pray this is not the final patch, but if it is, I will harbour no ill feelings.

Uh oh - hopefully adding in Bison isn't going to screw up the Blackfoot and Sioux mods. I mean I get that they're Bison (whereas those two mods call the resource Buffalo). I wonder if the Bison resource here is a Luxury or Bonus one.

Do we know what the update to the SDK was?

Can't believe they FINALLY fixed the spinning globe during diplomacy.

I'm grateful, though.

WOW!
YAY!

Science exploit patched! The game is now playable!
Tradition redesigned. So now I have to redesign my redesign mod. Boo! (just kidding)

Basically, the social Policy trees got adjusted so that Legalism (and therefore the later two SPs) takes an extra SP, which makes it a bit longer before Landed Elite or Monarchy can be taken.
is it Aristocracy before Legalism?

For Piety, Reformation lost a connection, meaning that you can reform an early religion faster (one SP faster) and therefore 'maybe' use early game Reformations more viably.

so I'm guessing it's now Mandate of Heaven into Reformation? that makes those beliefs much more accessible now.

Thoughtful updates like this are very much appreciated :)

However, can someone confirm that this affects the game core dll? I managed to get Steam into offline mode just as this patch dropped (whew!).

My concern is breaking Gedemon's mods (RED combat stacking, cultural diffusion, revolutions etc). He's been absent for quite a while and I strongly prefer playing with those.

Wonderful! Science overflow bug is finally fixed. Also great to see they added those resources. I was kind of surprised they didnt add them when they released the Deluxe Scenario.

Now THIS is a nice surprise...though functional multiplayer scenarios would have been better...

Unfortunate they didn't help Liberty tree....don't see how a slight change makes Tradition still a no brainer with going wide as difficult as it is

Oligarchy into legalism into monarchy and landed elite.

In Piety -> Mandate of Heaven stopped being a prereq, now it's just religious tolerance into reformation.

Tradition is still powerful, but the choice is now slightly more difficult between Tradition, Liberty, and Piety instead of being so straight-forward 80% of the time.

Oof, well, Oligarchy was almost always the last TRad policy you'd take and now you must take it first. And Mandate of Heaven look so incredibly silly being all alone by itself. *laugh*

Is it safe to assume this will break saves?

It didn't break saves. My friend already tried reloading and it worked fine.

Oh, good. I have a pretty fun game going on right now that I wanted to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom