Brave New World plans?

dinobot386

Prince
So are there any plan to have this mod active again for BNW? Are the features the expansion is going to add going to effect how this mod is going to be developed? (specifically dealing with ideologies)

Well, I didn't want to say anything unless I didn't follow through, but it looks like there will be another version of CCTP for BNW :D! That's assuming the expansion doesn't break everything :lol:. There's not too much to say about what will be added, as we don't know much about BNW yet, but we will definitely try to meld the current systems to accompany the new concepts. As for an ETA...depends on how much BNW changes. Right now, we are working to get it "ready" for the expansion.

While we get new policies and ideologies. We should think about adding a new feature to the policy system. The ability to grand free buildings/wonders and some dummy prebuildings via lua, allowes us to improve some policies by tweaking some bonus.
Also i created a working dummy system, to see what kind of buildings/wonders will fit with the game mechanics.
Anyway i will strongly suggest that the religion system get its own policy focused tree, or like i prefer and the first version of fires policy work got it, a religion tree.

Maybe the geopolitics pack that I was planning to make would work with Brave New World. The built-in system of Ideologies would eliminate a lot of work, and make it doable for a novice like me. Once we get Brave New World, we should add new ideologies, change the social policies to constitutional policies, and add national legislatures where political parties based on ideology may be represented.

Would like to see internal politics that function like the world congress, just on the smaller scale of your own civilization

Once we get Brave New World, we should add new ideologies, change the social policies to constitutional policies, and add national legislatures where political parties based on ideology may be represented.

Well i think this will be a lot of work. The social policies need a complete overwork. Also there are many possibilities for altering the game via policies.
For example, i created a fully working "dummy building system" for CCTP, that provides free buildings via policies. This buildings can (or not) only be build when adopting the right policies. This mean you can create a real epic playstyle.:run:
Played more then 1000 turns with this system cooperated in my version of CCTP (lot of wonders and buildings, only avaible with policies), no crashs or problems, only my ability to create nice icons sucks.;)

Will the government types policy trees be made into Ideals like freedom/order/autocracy in the main game?

Also are there any plans to have the AIs choose policies more often? I always hate when ive spent alot of time developing my civ's government structure via policies then looking at the AI that has maybe 3 policies total when Ive filled out 2 trees

Not much longer until BNW release, then back to fixing everything in CCTP its gonna break :)

Not much longer until BNW release, then back to fixing everything in CCTP its gonna break :)

Hell i will bet the devs will hack the old game for bnw and create some problems for the modders...:eek:

Back to normal:hammer2:, i hope that we will also see whowards dll and compendium stuff and our old masters mod IGE from Don himself:D
Also Cultural Capitals from Moaf and when you turn of emigration in CCTP you can also us and enjoy Gedemons great Revolution and Culture Mod.
This are the best mods outthere to improve the CCTP imperiance you can get without any major problems.
Anyway you will need a good pc to use them with a good speed...

At least i love the Book "Brave New World. Great story written in a time of crisis. But a nice utopian story."

For the Brave New World version of CCTP I'd like to see Government choice, Policies and Ideologies separate.

Government is basically your type of government and you can only have one at a time, like they are now in CCTP. Policies are like they are in vanilla CivV/GaK/BNW, you can have as many as you have Culture to buy them with, and they just represent policies you government has put in place, but perhaps have some restrictions on which policies you can have active at the same time. Ideologies would be as they are in BNW now.

Top Bottom