1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brave new world worth it?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Saqe, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Saqe

Saqe Chieftain

Hi!

Last time I played Civ 5 was during Gods and Kings expansion and I was wondering is it worth to buy Brave New World? Are there a lot of positive new things in it compared to G&K?

2. Mudrac

Mudrac Orc Warchief

There are a lot of new editions and changes both big and small. Simply said BNW is basically Civ 5.5 it changes the game quite a lot. So it's very woth getting it :D.

3. fyar

fyar Prince

Yes, absolutely worth it. More worth it than G&K was.

4. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Yes, it's most assuredly worth it! Go get it! Now!

5. CraigMak

CraigMak The Borg

YES! After playing BNW, G&K feels hollow and uninteresting. I would say that both G&K and BNW brought about equally large changes to the game.

6. Saqe

Saqe Chieftain

Alright thanks guys, much appreciated. I guess it´s time to dust off CIV5 again :)

7. fyar

fyar Prince

Methinks you wanted it anyway. Did you really log on to civFANATICS.com expecting people to say, "Ehhhh, it's alright, I guess....." ;)

8. MarauderCH

MarauderCH Warlord

best expansion ever

9. CaptainPatch

CaptainPatch Lifelong gamer

My thought precisely.

10. Mudrac

Mudrac Orc Warchief

You see I told you, worth getting it. For me G&K felt just like an expac, it added new content, changed some of the things and that was it, while BNW on the other hand really feels like a completely different game. You can see on these forums, that people had to adapt and start changing their tactics, while in G&K there wasn't such a big need to do something like that.

11. Shimmler

Shimmler Warlord

I'll put it this way: I have no idea how I used to play Civ V without expansion as BNW ;)

12. yasinbin

yasinbin Chieftain

i never bought G&K....but kept playing my civ 4 colonization copy...if that's sounds weired. But BNW.....got it after 24 hour of it's release.

13. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

There are a couple of bad spots in this game, but it's still by far better than either G+K and Vanilla. It's well worth getting, and the new mechanics add a ton of awesomeness to it.

14. Pepo

Pepo Prince

Yes worth it.not the best expansion of civ (Civ 4 FTW) but it makes civ V much better

15. householder

householder Lord of the Fleas

G&K was a big advance over vanilla Civ V (which had disappointed me.) Still, G&K was somewhat one-dimensional, heavily in favor of warmongering. I kept playing Civ IV (LoR mod) throughout.

BNW, however, totally changes Civ V and makes it a far more interesting game. Ever since I bought BNW, I haven't played Civ IV once.