1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Art Grin, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peasley

Peasley Warlord

There is a hilarious and pitiable amount of racism on the civ 5 facebook page reveals for Indonesia and Morocco. "Why is Indonesia important?" "We don't need more Muslim leaders, we need more Europe!" "Oh, great a jihadist civ" and the classic "Where's Hitler???".

As for my predictions on the last two civs: the Sioux and Venice. Sitting Bull rocks, but I honestly vastly would have preferred Hungary, Switzerland, or even Yugoslavia to Venice.

2. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

In the great words of Patrick star :

FINLAND!

3. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

What would the UU be for the Sioux if it isn't a Cavalry unit that is now doubtful because of Kate's wording in the Q&A? The "Dog Soldier" of Civ 4 was part of the problem that made the Native American Empire the joke it was

Ignoring the fact that people that everyone including Firaxis wants to shy away from the Sioux, its not that illogical that the Sioux aren't in.

I am guessing Shawnee/Seminole, if a native civ - I still think its possible we get another African civ (we don't have enough civs connected to the scenario).

4. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

5. Peasley

Peasley Warlord

Honestly? I would have minded that; it's better than Venice. Unfortunately, our achievement list has ruled them out.

6. Gucumatz

Anyone else think we can see another African civ? We only have Portugal and Morocco connecting to the scenario from this expansion at the minute

7. sanpavlos

sanpavlos Chieftain

As for most likely Native American civs not from the northeast like the Iroquois (assuming achievement list clue is correct)...

Ruled OUT by alphabet:
    Apache
    Arapaho
    Blackfoot
    Cheyenne
    Chippewa
    Choctaw
    Chumash
    Comanche
    Creek
    Hopi
    Navajo
    Nez Perce
    Pawnee
    Paiute
    Zuni

Still POSSIBLE by alphabet:
    Potawatomi
    Powhatan
    Pueblo
    Seminole
    Shawnee
    Shoshone
    Sioux
    Ute
    Winnebago
    Yokut
    Yaqui

8. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

The facebook comments are... amusing, to put it politely. A little better than the stuff you'd expect on youtube, but still.

Maybe, it's not out of the question, but I'm still assuming there's a higher chance we get a native american civ than another African civ. Unfortunately it's a zero-sum game at this point, since we know there will be one more European civ, so there's only one dark horse after that.

9. Sikandar

Sikandar Prince

10. UnitedSquadron

UnitedSquadron Chieftain

I think that the last CIV is going ti be the Sioux. They've been in Civ II, which increases the chances as a return and matches alphabetical order. Venice seems to be almost certain with the colors. SO those would be the last 2. If, there is no Native American Civ, then it would be a dark horse civ, possibly an African one, as there doesn't seem to be any possible good candidates possible in the other continents. However, this is unlikely. But, we never know.

11. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

Sioux are actually the most popular Native American tribe on the forums:

12. Gucumatz

Have we ever had this many civs ever though not connected to scenarios in any expansion ever?

13. UnitedSquadron

UnitedSquadron Chieftain

Hold on, has Zimbabwe gone spotted as a City-state? They seem like a good candidate.

14. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

Yes. It's a City State.

15. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

I keep forgetting to update my mind for Indonesia and morocco :(

There really don't seem to be any viable candidates left then in Europe. Some people keep saying it's debated whether bucharest was really spotted? Don't know what that means but I feel like that's unlikely

16. Gucumatz

Wasn't that the poll that divided Native American options down 4 different ways...

Native American major, Native American minor, Inuit, and the Sioux... A heavily critiqued poll if I am remember correctly

17. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

18. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

If you assume that the civ will be eastern native America based on the weird tomahawk unit (it's not certain, but it's really the only clue we have if you consider it one), that still leaves:

Potawatomi, Powhatan, Seminole, Shawnee

Did I miss any?

I could see any of those as plausible.

Maya in G&K? I'm pretty sure there's more examples.

19. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

I think so, but Sioux still got almost as many as all of the remaining NA tribes combined.

20. Gucumatz

I think you misread my post. In GK we had only 2 civs not connected to scenarios somehow (Maya and Carthage). In every scenario since Civ 3 most of the expansion civs played a role in scenarios

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.