1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brazil Arguably Has Better Science than Korea

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MarigoldRan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

Yes, but that's because the AI sadly cannot take advantage of Brazil's bonuses the way a human can. We have the sense to research Bronze Working immediately, followed by Writing. Once you get those techs, you can put down 4-6 adjacency campuses down and overtake the science game. The AI also doesn't necessarily build the campus first as Brazil, it instead usually spams Holy Sites and gains massive faith. (Which I think is kind of dumb because you can only recruit ONE GP per game)

2. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Chieftain

The advantage to korea's science is building campuses twice as fast, not really the automatic +4 (although the +4 is also great)

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I believe Brazil is my 3rd fastest Science victory after Scotland and then Korea. Impressive yes, but not better than Korea. Those governors and mines bonuses shouldn't be ignored. I believe my top 5 are in this order: Scotland, Korea, Brazil, Australia, Dutch.

4. steveg700

steveg700 Warlord

Well, if you're talking about the AI playing him, then that's not surprising. The AI is pretty bad at leveraging adjacency bonuses.

That's why Korea is so much better for them. Not much is asked of the AI.

Bingo.

5. isau

isau Warlord

It may not be perfectly ideal play, but I would personally have said the greatest thing about Brazil is the ability to build high value Theater Squares, which push you through the Culture tree to their unique unit faster. That UU is probably the strongest in the game for when it unlocks, the only limitation being that it is a naval unit. Get a few of those guys going early and the entire coasts of the game will fall to you with almost no resistance, being as the unit is ranged. It can easily one-shot a Frigate. The only real thing holding back this strategy is lack of oceans and the fact that Rise and Fall added the "culture flip" risk, which makes it somewhat harder to claim far-flung territories. Certainly not impossible though.