Brazil declares war on suzerain after DOF.. Can't denounce

L.Pepperbottom

Chieftain
I liberated Seoul and became the suzerain, it doesn't look like there are pacts of protection in the game so would this not mean the same thing? Anyway, after a while Pedro asks for DOF, I accept, and 10 turns later he attacks Seoul again, and I can't do anything about it! I can't denounce him, initiate a causus belli, end the friendship or anything. I don't want to declare surprise war because Scythia is right beside me...This seems so broken, is there something I'm missing here?

Seems legit to me , you just got outwitted by Brazil AI :p

And if he conquers Seoul while you are their Suzerain, you get a free CB against him later in the game (after unlocking the Diplomatic Service civic) - If you declare a "Protectorate War" you get no warmongering penalty for liberating the CS.

And if he conquers Seoul while you are their Suzerain, you get a free CB against him later in the game (after unlocking the Diplomatic Service civic) - If you declare a "Protectorate War" you get no warmongering penalty for liberating the CS.

Still in the Classical era right now so no chance of that yet, the protectorate war I mean. Surprise war it is!

Guess you shouldn't renew the friendship and yeah, declare a liberation or protectorate war later on!

Would be nice if you could pick sides in these situations. Like when two civs you are friendly with Dow eachother or in this case with city state ally, you get a popup or diplo window or something where you can chose a side.

Vengeance is a dish best served cold. Btw wait the end of friendship and try to go joint war with the horse girl .

I've also noticed little quirks like this so far. Having an AI civ denounce me and the very next turn tell me how much they like me because of their agenda. Kinda silly. As an example I had more wonders than China so I was getting denounced like crazy, but he also had an agenda I was fulfilling which he liked so it was back and forth every other turn (exaggeration a bit) between I like you, I hate you. It was borderline personality disorder at best.

I have the same situation in my game. Personally I think if your suzerainty gets DOWed you should have the option to defend the CS (and vice versa if you attack the suzerainty of another player).

Just block his units with some of your own, to prevent the conquest; if you're in peace, you won't need them around except for barbs, if they're still around. Gift Soul an archer of two, if possible. It all worked in Civ 5, will likely work on Civ 6.

Top Bottom