1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brazilian Empire Flag Mistake

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by br1999, Feb 27, 2018.

1. br1999

br1999 Chieftain

Hello everyone, I came here to say that the game has a small mistake, the brazilian empire flag is wrong, the flag that is in the game is that of the republic but it should be with the empire's flag since Dom Pedro II was the second Emperor of Brazil. This is a story error inside the game.

Brazilian Imperial flag:

Green is the Bragança House, Yellow is the Habsburg House.

Brazilian Republic flag:

halfhalfharp likes this.
  2. halfhalfharp

halfhalfharp Chieftain

Nice information , but I suppose it will not really change anything in recognizing Brazil nor the game play.

The Chinese didn't use a dragon head as flag pattern in Qin dynasty too, but who cares, I supposed.

3. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

I suppose it works for any portion of the game where Brazil *is* a republic.

4. br1999

br1999 Chieftain

don't make sense Pedro II and the republic. Is the same to put the 13th colonies flag instead of an national american symbol.

5. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

Does it make sense that Pedro begins ruling Brazil in 4000 B.C. as a Chiefdom? Do you have a flag for that? How about if someone chooses Fascism for the government at some point. Still a different flag? Or perhaps you want the leader to change with each government type?

The game is not about historical accuracy, but historical fantasy.

TyrannusRex likes this.
  6. br1999

br1999 Chieftain

"The game is not about historical accuracy, but historical fantasy."

Ok, but why the game have true civilizations? And why is the game called civilizations? I answer, because the game goes through many civilizations throughout history and the game would be very limited if you could only play with civilizations that existed in the era that you started.

7. halfhalfharp

halfhalfharp Chieftain

Look around the flag designs of all the other civs, before you push further in pursuit of "historical accuracy". How many of them fully represent their flag designs in the era?

At least I dun think that Australia has a Kangaroo flag, nor Germany has the iron cross in Ferderico's era.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  8. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

Very true!

Rome didn't even have a flag as we understand them today. The fasces was among their favorite symbols.

It uses the names of true civilizations and then they pick a leader that is in someway associated with that civilization. Beyond that, there is virtually no accuracy involved. Would you prefer the flag or symbol associated with that leader? I suppose thats a reasonable request, but I am sure other players might disagree. For instance, would France now sport the coat of arms for the de Medici family? Did Harald of Norway even have a flag? Not sure what banner Cleopatra waved. Not sure the Scythians ever had flags or banners of any kind in their day.

Given the scope of our game, its really quite difficult to be so dedicated to accuracy.

TyrannusRex and halfhalfharp like this.
  9. conorbebe

conorbebe Chieftain

The imperial flag still contains a circle with a banner across it. Just consider it a simplification of the design.