Brazilian president blames Aryans for crisis

Originally Posted by luiz
Lula is only slightly smarter than a chimp

So, how smart do you feel today? I mean, Lula is running the country you live in... how smart does that make you on that scale you're using for Lula? A tamarin, perhaps?
I think Ahmeniblabla is a lizard. Perhaps a crab. But I don't think Iranians are crustaceans.

1. Why is the Mercosur a joke?
A free trade zone in which members are allowed to impose trade tariffs on others sounds like a joke to me.

2. Under Lula´s government, Brazil has progressed a lot, so why is that anger:confused:?
It is the most corrupt government in the history of the nation. As for progress, put it in context. All developing countries had some great years, in Brazil it was less great than average precisely because we have this drunken baboon running the show.

A free trade zone in which members are allowed to impose trade tariffs on others sounds like a joke to me.
...within the free trade zone?

Luiz is of the whites in charge of Brazil and either doesn't like to admit or is totally ignorant of the suffering of the classes below his.

Yeah I am clearly in charge. This country is going just where I want it.

So, how smart do you feel today? I mean, Lula is running the country you live in... how smart does that make you on that scale you're using for Lula? A tamarin, perhaps?
I don't see much logic in your suggestion. If the leader of the country is stupid everyone is stupid? Were all portuguese people ******ed during the reign of Maria, a Louca?

...how does it even count as one, then?

Beats me. Mercosul is all about the image. In practical terms it means nothing, everytime Argentina has a crisis (that is, every other year) they go on imposing tariffs on everybody else.

So you are automatically more stupid than your elected leader? If so, you have deeply insulted every Italian and Canadian.

Lula is Luiz's intellectual superior, by sheer virtue of the fact that Lula is Luiz's great Leader. The Leader is far smarter than anyone else in the country; in fact, he is so smart that he is all knowing and all powerful, and is never wrong. The Leader leads by will of the Gods; his divine right to lead the country is unquestionable, unassailable, and undenyable; so too are his actions, for they are the actions of the most intelligent man in the country (how could such a wise man be wrong?). To question the leader makes you little more than a tamarin, perhaps; a traitor, not only to the country, but to the entire species. Luiz must sit subservient to his great Leader, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva. (Although, to speak his full name, I fear I have inadvertently summoned his vengeful wrath upon this thread!)

I thought Lula was normal. Obviously he is not.

Who is he shaking hands with? Anders Fogh Rasmussen...

Yep. Prime minister of Denmark

He would like to be the next secretary general of NATO - if Turkey will allow it

So now we know whos responsible for the crisis? He has blue eyes?

Hmm. Does that imply all Americans were gorillas under GWB?

Hmm. Does that imply all Americans were gorillas under GWB?

Truly, if GWB was a gorilla (or rather, had the intellect of a gorilla), or if Lula was only "slightly smarter than a chimp", all the inhabitants of their countries would have to be likewise idiots not to replace them or flee.

Neither Lula is as smart as a chimp, nor was GWB a gorilla (I think we is more intelligent than most people, and certainly fooled millions. Neither would have gotten where they got by being stupid. You could even count family connections for GWB (still, it's not as if he inherited a throne...), but Lula didn't have those.
Was is really idiotic is for people dismiss leaders they dislike by saying "they're idiots". They're not idiots, as their position on top of the pecking order proves, in political systems which are competitive, even if distorted in favor of those better connected. Saying they're idiots, underestimating them, is very foolish.

But sarcasm is wasted around here, it seems... people just like quick and easy answers.

Was is really idiotic is for people dismiss leaders they dislike by saying "they're idiots". They're not idiots, as their position on top of the pecking order proves, in political systems which are competitive, even if distorted in favor of those better connected. Saying they're idiots, underestimating them, is very foolish..

But GWB is clearly an idiot, or at least not nearly smart enough to be the president of the only superpower in the world today.

No, my point is that it wrong to assume that everybody else is dumber than their current leader. In the case of GWB, you are clearly wronging a sizeable portion of the population.

But GWB is clearly an idiot, or at least not nearly smart enough to be the president of the only superpower in the world today.

No, my point is that it wrong to assume that everybody else is dumber than their current leader. In the case of GWB, you are clearly wronging a sizeable portion of the population.

Sarcasm truly is dead!
"If Lula is smart as a chimp, what does that make you?", that was the idea. He isn't only slightly smarter than a chimp, the whole point of my comment was to draw Luiz's attention to the absurdity of his comment, not that brazilians like him were also just slightly smarter than chimps!

I do not think that Lula, or GWB, are stupid. Assuming that about political leaders is at worst dangerous, at best an ineffective and childish complaint.

Sarcasm truly is dead!

No, I got your sarcasm. I merely disagree with it. Completely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgPShicCCTA

I do not think that Lula, or GWB, are stupid. Assuming that about political leaders is at worst dangerous, at best an ineffective and childish complaint.

No, at best it is the truth, which in the case of GWB it clearly is. Thre are many stupid leaders in the world today, and likely there always will be. To assume they must all be intelligent is at best quite dangerous, and at worst extremely deadly. Just ask the Iraqis, for example.

Just ask the Iraqis, for example.
Ok..

March 08

Q8 Taking everything into account, do you feel that things are better for you now under the present political system or do you think things were better for you before under the previous regime of Saddam Hussein?

Better under
the current system 49%

Better under the
previous regime 26%

Neither, they are just
as bad as each other 16%

http://www.opinion.co.uk/Newsroom_details.aspx?NewsId=67
http://www.opinion.co.uk/Documents/TablesFINALMarch07Irq.pdf

On continued presence...

Published September 27, 2006

Almost two-thirds (63%) continue to approve of the United States training Iraqi security forces, though most of these (41% of the full sample) think the United States is doing a poor job. Support is especially high among Shias (64%) and Kurds (93%) though only 19 percent of Shias say the United States is doing a good job, as compared to 50 percent of Kurds. Sixty-four percent of Sunnis are opposed to the United States being involved in this way...

A larger majority (68%) approves of the United States “helping Iraqis organize their communities to address local needs such as building schools and health clinics.” But here again most of these—41% (of the full sample)—believes that the United States is doing a poor job. Here too support is strongest among Shias (71%) and Kurds (87%). Fifty-nine percent of Sunnis are opposed.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/p...250&nid=&id=&gclid=COXJ5NnixpkCFQJHxwodxErzuQ

Oh... a majority want us to stay in some capacity? How strange! I wonder why.

Another Iraqi poll...

Nearly all the interviews were conducted between March 22-April 9, 2004. An extremely small number of interviews were conducted between April 16-22.
In your opinion, is Iraq is much better off, somewhat better off, somewhat worse off, or much worse off than
before the U.S. and British invasion? [READ OUT. ACCEPT SINGLE ANSWER]

Much better off 11%
Somewhat better off 31
About the same 17
Somewhat worse off 24
Much worse off 15
How about you and your family, would you say are much better off, somewhat better off, somewhat worse off,
or much worse off than you were before the U.S. and British invasion? [READ OUT. ACCEPT SINGLE
ANSWER]

Much better off 14%
Somewhat better off 37
About the same 25
Somewhat worse off 15
Much worse off 10

The US-British military action in Iraq:

Cannot be justified at all 39%
Cannot be justified, somewhat 13
Can be sometimes justified, sometimes not 16
Can be justified, somewhat 19
Can be justified, completely 12