Brazil's Street Carnival no pop restriction after patch?

rpgalon

Warlord
Brazil's Street Carnival still lacks the pop restriction after patch?

I just saw a video after the patch where the guy could build the Street Carnival district being at 6 pop, even after already having a holy site and a campus.

You need 7 pop for 3 districts right?

EDIT: I guess the guy in the video placed the street carnival before the patch, and continued to play the save and build it after the patch hit.

Last edited:

WideCoast

Warlord
Umm.. I might be wrong especially, because I haven't read the patch notes, but afaik the special districts are "popfree" to build.

Like building a monument, they won't count into the district cap/pop.

So it's 4pop for 2districts+carnival.
At 7pop it would be 3districts + carnival

Browd

Dilettante
Administrator
Umm.. I might be wrong especially, because I haven't read the patch notes, but afaik the special districts are "popfree" to build.

Like building a monument, they won't count into the district cap/pop.

So it's 4pop for 2districts+carnival.
At 7pop it would be 3districts + carnival

From the patch notes: "Most Civilization unique districts now require population to construct (like normal districts)". Sounds like OP has identified a bug, but a save file would be very helpful to verify.

WideCoast

Warlord
From the patch notes: "Most Civilization unique districts now require population to construct (like normal districts)". Sounds like OP has identified a bug, but a save file would be very helpful to verify.
Is there a list for the ones that still do not req. pop? I'd rather avoid learning that stuff the hard way xd

Ornen

Warlord
Could this be an exception to the 'most'? Pretty confusing if so.

Customgoban

Chieftain
Have a link to the video? One possibilty could be that a great engineer was used, which could allow an extra district to b used.

Edit: Just confirmed by playing Brazil on an information era start by placing districts on turn one, The street carnival does count toward the limit.

Last edited:

rpgalon

Warlord
Yes, I tested this too and confirmed it does require pop...

I guess the guy in the video placed the street carnival before the patch, and continued to build it after the patch hit.

Truronian

Quite unfamiliar
Retired Moderator
Is there a list for the ones that still do not req. pop? I'd rather avoid learning that stuff the hard way xd

I don't know for sure, but I'd be very surprised if it's not just the Bath and the Mbanza which are now pop-requirement free.

Top Bottom