Spoiler :

* dot suggests adding a bakery to FfH
<Gekko> lol
* anw thinks, that is good idea...
<MiKa523> yeah and an event to make 99 brezels like in the new settlers game
<Gekko> lol
<Gekko> something like
<anw> and what about baker promotion ??
<Gekko> the citizens of cityname are bragging about their pretzels, claiming they are the best in the world
<dot> well, what would that grant
<Gekko> option 1 : kill them all to teach them humbleness
<anw> emmm.....
<dot> +1 food if fortified in a city?
<Gekko> option 2: gimme gimme!
<Gekko> option 3: whatever
<Gekko> lol
<lch> +25 defense on Farms
<MiKa523> haha
<lch> it's a cool promotion
<anw> Promotion Baker: anybody who cast Wonder spell moves one of unit with backer promotion next to caster ... (see Wonder spell civilopedia)
<dot> That actually is pretty cool. Would someone want to make a thread?
<MiKa523> hows that thing called in english to roll out paste ?
<dot> I like the +25% defense on farms
<anw> let's post it!
<MiKa523> this could be a deadly weapon like othus axe :D
<anw> xDDD
<anw> Baker's bread
<Gekko> then you'll have lots of ppl saying
<Gekko> bakery promotion is overpowered
<Gekko> lol
<MiKa523> frenzy baker going amok
<lch> Pratchett's Dwarven bread could be added in a modmod
<anw> is somebody posting it ? or should i post it /
<Gekko> you could make it as a module
<MiKa523> let gekko post it, he likes that^^
<Gekko> and post it in modmods
<anw> lch -- it would be overpowered unit
<Gekko> lol
<lch> "dwarven bread roll, +1 attack"
<Gekko> mika is making fun of all the time. sigh :(
<MiKa523> *hugs*
<Gekko> ahahaha
<dot> eah, Pratchett's dwarven bread sure would be cool. even though i can't recall the "specialities" of it atm
<dot> I suggest MiKa posting it
<MiKa523> nahh :p
<MiKa523> just created a new thread
<MiKa523> i don't wanna look like other certain forum users *whistle*
<anw> ok, I'll post it
<dot> Well, anw ... you could add in the thoughts and suggestions we had on here ...
<anw> I'll paste this debate to spoiler ... :)
<MiKa523> especially the serious ones :p
<dot> yeah, please only roll with the serious ones ...
<MiKa523> who knows?
<Gekko> what about a spell?
<Gekko> rolling pretzel
<dot> what do we have? a) +xx defense on farms b) +1 food if in city
<Gekko> needs bakery promotion

New building "Bakery" that gives one food and to all unit built in that city "Baker" promotion.
"Baker" promotion gives +25% strength on farms.

Well, maybe the promotion could be tuned down to +25% defense strength on farms?

I can't help but feel like this is somehow partially my fault :lol:

but aside from the fun and games, a bakery building available at machinery or something would be nice. Rise of Mankind has one and it's kewl, it gives food and a bonus gold percentage depending on how many ingredients for cakes you have, like bananas etc.

speaking of RoM, the granary and butcherhouse in there are very nice as well, adding a percentage of food depending on what resources you have ( grains for granary and livestock for butchery of course ) . may be worth checking them out.

Bakery might give 2 Food like the Breeding Pit and could be a special building for Khazad to help cities with many mountains around and no proper irrigation possibilities.

Bakery might give 2 Food like the Breeding Pit and could be a special building for Khazad to help cities with many mountains around and no proper irrigation possibilities.

This idea isn't copyrighted and may be added and edited in any project as anybody wish :) (but somebody must implement it first :) )

yeah a bakery would be nice, perhaps it can give a +5% foodsaving like granary but for each farm or +5% gold/commerce

lol woke up this morning and read that in irc :p

Well, could we have some input from other FfH players as well, please. Not only from the citizens of #erebus. :mischief:

So we have bread and wine, how about some cheese?

c'mon dude. that's a no contest. faeryl wins hands down. alexis vs faeryl is the real deal. it seems like the evil women are spicier in FFH, eheh.

Well, I for one still like the idea of having a bakery. So I really wonder what it could do.

The idea of giving +5% food storage per ressource is way to powerful imho. Also giving +1 :food: per ressource is too powerful, unless you're playing dwarves on the Erebus map. But I think that is too specific for now. Also +2 :food: permanently like a breeding pit is a tad bit too powerful. But how about tuning this down and tossing in a promotion? - My suggestion would be:

Bakery
  • Gives +1 :food: permanently.
  • Grants the "Fields of Gold" promotion which gives +20% defense if the unit is defending a farmed ressource tile. Note: I added the pre-req of farmed ressource to make it more specific and hence less powerful. But that is up for debate. Whether or not the promotion should be restricted to certain unit classes is up for debateas well.
  • Might give +1 :) with consumption???

As a pre-req tech I suggest Calendar for now.

Go ahead and rip it apart guys. But please check if it's generally well adjusted for power.

How would you acquire Calendar without Agriculture anyway, anw? If you meant agrarianism (the civic) I'd say that it's to much micro management, but it could add another +1 :health: ...

How would you acquire Calendar without Agriculture anyway, anw? If you meant agrarianism (the civic) I'd say that it's to much micro management, but it could add another +1 :health: ...

Farms are available after Calendar? eh.... I have feeling that they aren't, because I'm researching Calendar in Middle-Late age ... (Or trough Eye's and Ear's Net)

Oh boy, :nope: Agriculture allowes farms. And without Agriculture you can neither research Calendar nor adopt Agrarianism. But you need to have Agri to research Calendar.

Top Bottom