BREAKING NEWS! Stephen Colbert to run for President.

I watched the show last night and I could've swore he was running for 'Favorite Son' status in South Carolina, not President.

His entry will definitely swing the balance of power in that critical state of South Carolina.

We could have a real contender here folks. ;)

In a guest column for Maureen Dowd in Sunday's New York Times, Colbert wrote: "I am not ready to announce yet — even though it's clear that the voters are desperate for a white, male, middle-aged, Jesus-trumpeting alternative."

:lol: that's pretty good :)

We had something similar in France in the 80's with the leading stand-up comedian at the time entering the presidential race. He was credited with 10% of the votes before he withdrew...

you mean ron paul?

who is more energized? ron paul's internet base or colbert's internet base? :lol:

Internets not big enough for both of em. Colbert would steal all of Pauls voter base!

Colbert would be crying: "All your (voter) base belongs to us!"

I dunno. Did Ron Paul get cheated out of a bridge in Hungary? :-D.

Also, I, for one, would welcome our new Colbert(s) overlord(s) :-D.

I wasn't sure if he was joking or not. But it's be quite an interesting turn of events.

Leonel said:
I wasn't sure if he was joking or not. But it's be quite an interesting turn of events.

It's hard to tell.

Now, we need the ultimate poll: Ron Paul VS Stephen Colbert

Anyone? anyone?

Frankly, if I were an American and had to chose between Clinton (Populist Sell-out), Giuliani (True-blood American fascist), and Stephen Colbert (A funny guy)...

...wait, is that even supposed to be a choice? :-D

:lol: That's great. It's these kinds of stunts that make Colbert so amusing.

Heck, I'd rather have Colbert than Clinton or Obama. Maybe even more than Giuliani or McCain....;) If I lived in South Carolina and I didn't like the Republican candidate, I might just vote for him. I mean why not? Throwing it away to the Libertarian or Constitution parties is pretty piontless - at least it would be fun voting for Colbert. If he wants to enter in in Virginia, then I'd consider it.....;)

I'm voting for him. In the primary, and again in the general election.

Honestly, I live in California, it's not like my vote counts for anything.

Now the rest of you (especially Republicans) put yo money where yo mouth is and vote for a true patriot. C'mon, what're your other choices, Romney? Huckabee? :lol:

Just by entering, Colbert has become the single best Republican candidate. And if Obama drops out, I think he becomes the best Democratic candidate too (Colbert the actual man, not the persona).

Srsly, he is - like Stewart - far more than his persona, he has both intelligence and wisdom. I think he'd make an excellent president. No joke here, the only joke is that the Republican nominee will probably be Romney or Giuliani.

An excellent example of why I think Colbert is awesome:

Colbert said his final decision would be announced on a "more prestigeous show," which turned out to be his own.

:bowdown:

Actually, now that I think of it, Colbert would make the BEST. VICE PRES. EVER.

A comedian always needs a "straight man" to bounce his wackiness off of. Obama giving his SOTU as President, followed by Persona!Colbert's Republican take on it, would be the best (& most bipartisan!) presidency of all time.

(and people might actually watch the SOTU)

Top Bottom