BREAKING NEWS! Stephen Colbert to run for President.

personally, i think he'd be good for the same reasons gerald ford was.

non polarizing and just...alleviate some tension between sides.

then again, he's catholic.

I wonder if he's going to rob votes from the candidate that would normally have the younger cohort vote for them?

You know the Baby Boomers aren't going to dilute their vote on him.

I'd vote for him... If every other candidate sucks this much, might as well go for the one that can give us some laughs.

Did everyone miss that he's running in South Carolina ONLY? It's a foolproof strategy, he gets to run for president and might get a few delegates, but he won't actually have to be president.

Did everyone miss that he's running in South Carolina ONLY? It's a foolproof strategy, he gets to run for president and might get a few delegates, but he won't actually have to be president.

I don't really care. I'll vote for Paul in the primary, then I will write in Colbert for the election.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — He made a splash with a surprise presidential announcement Tuesday, but can Comedy Central host Stephen Colbert actually get on the primary ballots in South Carolina?

The answer is yes, although it could get pricey.

The fee to be considered for the Democratic ballot is $2,500, while it’s a steep $35,000 to gain admittance into the Republican primary.

Colbert has indicated he will seek to appear on both party's ballots and the South Carolina Secretary of State's office confirms a candidate is allowed to run in both primaries.

But it remains to be seen if the State Democratic Party's Executive Committee, whose approval Colbert needs to get on their ballot, will vote to certify a candidate who is also running in the GOP race. The rules state the candidate must be "actively campaigning" for the Democratic primary.

Meanwhile, the State Republican Party does not require an executive committee vote and would not prevent a candidate from appearing on both party's ballots.

Colbert has until the end of this month to file with both parties. The Republicans are holding their primary January 19, while the Democrats will vote January 26.

The Palmetto State is one of four lead-off primary states that will likely play a crucial role in determining the eventual nominee of both parties.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

I'd vote for him. No, really, I would. I'd rather vote for a comedian than a bunch of clowns.

I'd vote for him, actually

Yeah I watched the show and noticed that - I think a lot of other people here missed it thou :mischief:

In anycase I think if he actually ran (him not the persona) it would be cool to see. - hell he might even be a good candidate.

He's only running in South Carolina, for those of you who didn't watch the show.

He's only running in South Carolina, for those of you who didn't watch the show.

So what, if he gets enough write-in votes, he gets delegate(s) (at least in the Democratic primary, dunno about the GOP).

I am determined to send at least one Colbert delegate from CA.

Top Bottom