1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Breeland Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by spaceman98, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Lassie

Lassie Prince

and our win condition is to eliminate "all threats", which implies multiple enemy teams, which could be a regular scum team and a cult team - at least what things revealed so far points at. So that would be 2 3P factions who are not a threat, 1 scum team and one 3P cult team that is a threat - 4 non town teams in total.

2. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Come the hell off it. Orcs are basically a mirror of Gondor (though I can't say I know any details other than they had an OP lynch-stopping ability), otherwise the game balance would be shot and they wouldn't have the weird clause in their VCs where they can win with town. If it was two anti-towns, there would be absolutely no reason for Gondor to be non-town.

Meanwhile, you're redirecting our focus shift away from the cult back onto us. You've also been fishing for info and, I feel, subtly pushing the tark-orc conflict this whole time. You wanted to know why you're showing cult, so now you do.

BS and townies who aren't ostriches: What two options are you guys presenting for my NK tonight? I'm thinking Choxorn and Lassie.

3. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

then tell me what the point of gondor is

idk why you're phrasing that like 2 scum teams is MORE likely

4. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Focusing effort away from the Cult? I'm focusing on you because I know who you are, I know you might be a threat. I don't have the faintest idea who the cultists are, or if there even is a cult. Although apparently everyone who opposes you and Zack is a cultist. Mighty convenient argument there, isn't it? "You care about us poor, poor non-town factions that have a nightkill and may or may not be trying to kill us, that means you must be a cultist!"

5. Double A

Okay, fine, I'll bite. What can I possibly do to prove that the orcs aren't anti-town without one of us dying? Because I'm not seeing an alternative other than to latch onto someone I think is a cultist and get them lynched, but of course, it's not even working.

6. Double A

Okay. At this juncture, Lassie is more likely to be cult than pretty much everyone else (though I still think choxy is cult, and I know I'm not winning any favors here), based off his behavior changing over time and insistence that the game state is different than the most probable scenario. However, Lassie is probably not the cult leader. Lynching Lassie is a waste of time because most cults need the leader to convert. I still think choxorn is cult, and he might be leader. I'm not sure about anyone else yet.

What's more important, yall? Lynching a nightkiller and/or his powerless friend, both of whom you have on a leash, or finding the cult leader who gains power each night? If the game's not over when the cult leader's dead, it would be pretty easy to lynch me. Hell, I'll probably lose anyway because I doubt I'll ever get a chance to kill off Gondor and the cult will probably kill me if I don't get lynched. Also, I'll be pretty damn surprised if the game continues after town victory conditions are achieved.

7. choxorn

I might be convinced to vote someone else if you can make a compelling case that isn't "You're focusing on us, you must be a cultist!"

Or, barring that, at least tell us what Zack's power is. What do you have to fear from Gondor or the cult knowing that? As far as we can tell, they can't kill anyone at night, and I doubt your little team could be converted.

8. choxorn

Powerless? That's a bunch of Oliphaunt Excrement and you know it. If Gondor has a nightkill, one-time lynch immunity, a watcher, and some time of protective role, There's no way all you have is a nightkill.

And what do you mean, lynch just you when the cult leader's dead? By your own admission you have at least two teammates, one of whom we don't know.

9. Double A

Well, failing a better lynch target, we have Lassie. At the least, voting for him would be an fairly strong argument that you're not cult and we might even start to trust each other.

It's not my place to reveal Zack's crappy role. I agree that we probably can't be converted, but I do think they'll be able to NK. Most cults can have two people (usually the leader and a convert) perform a kill action together.

10. Double A

To clarify: Zack is *now* powerless.

If the cult leader's dead and people still don't trust me, then lynching me will stop my team dead in the water.

11. choxorn

I would, but your Lassie-is-a-cultist argument hasn't been terribly convincing.

Okay, that's something, but I'd appreciate a little more.

12. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

One-time doctoring would explain it.

13. atheotes

atheotes Warlord

While reading your post i thought you were going to vote for Zack.

So...you think lynching Duff is the best option now? Better than the options you have presented?

14. atheotes

atheotes Warlord

lynching Zack is the most optimal move right now. We learn about their faction and it is also not a big loss because he is "powerless" according to Double A.

unvote; Vote: Zack

Double A, should probably try to kill Choxorn or Lassie, they are still my top 2 suspects for being cult.

We should also make use of Al's watcher ability.

15. atheotes

atheotes Warlord

Or the bombing attack on Al. That would explain the frustration shown by Zack and Double A.
    Kennigit claimed BP - proven false. Al was attacked but did not die. So they must have a protection role.

Kennigit attacked Double A - not killed. Orcs also have a protector! (i dont think it is a case of a stronger attack power or who attacked first)
    Al sips claims to have been roleblocked - so Orcs must have a role blocker.
    So either Zack is not powerless or there are 4 orcs.

Or the cult was actually working with the Orcs on eliminating the Gondorians!

16. Double A

Screw that. Zack's still my partner. If you guys lynch Zack, I'm not playing along and cult wins.

Are you serious.

17. atheotes

atheotes Warlord

Are YOU serious? So we should let you and Zack live because you guys say so :rolleyes:
    You do realize that your team can win with 1 surviving member if VC are met?

IF the cult is/was not working with you, how did you manage to survive Kennigit's attack, Kill him, Roleblock Al and attempt to kill Al.

18. atheotes

atheotes Warlord

Maybe the cult/orcs working together is me tinfoiling. But the Orcs seem to have performed 4 night actions.

19. atheotes

atheotes Warlord

If you are not going to play along and work towards your stated victory condition (win with the town), no point in not lynching you.
    unvote; vote: Double A

20. Double A

I'm going to play along if you don't do something incredibly counter-intuitive, which is lynch an unconvertable guy (based on the precedent of every game with cultists and other third parties). If you lynch Zack, you're throwing away a lynch. Why would I want to work with a town that does that? I'd rather lose.