1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Breeland Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by spaceman98, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

-Zack had a day-transferrable BP ability. It was transfered.
    -I killed Ken
    -We don't know why Al was roleblocked
    -Zack used his one-shot vig attempt on Al

Zack is sapped for powers. However, he is still another body who almost certainly can't be converted. Lynching someone to get information is, and always has been, the worst possible play.

2. Double A

The other reason why I want Zack alive is if I don't get killed by the cult tonight, then that's a sign the cult can't nightkill yet. Only one person almost guarantees my team will lose.

3. Al Sipsclar

Al Sipsclar Prince

Hey, I demand parity in culling orcs and Gondorians. You killed my father Kennigit. Prepare to die.
    One of you should hang.

4. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Your not really winning any friends with statements like that, based on your teams past conduct I think you need all the friends you can get.

Are you serious? The team mate to the Vig has a one shot Vig Kill. Any crediblity you had with me is now gone. Bascially you and Zack claim to have played all your cards the net result being one dead Aragon, now you want us to take your claims at face value, that you are able to win with town and let your team remain whole? I don't buy it tbh, I doubt that you are telling us the whole truth, I think you have a 3rd team member or even a 4th and judging by the revealed night actions it is very possible your team is larger than you claim. You've thrown a lot of shade and given the situation it begs the possiblity that your team really is the cult. In fact i'd go so far to say that if Team Orc is the cult, you must have more teammates. I'm not going to be played for a fool.

Winston - you want to be kingmaker 2 days running with your late, late vote? I'm questioning where your loyatilies lie, therefore Unvote Vote Double A

5. atheotes

atheotes Warlord

Cult did not kill N1 or N2. Why is N3 special?
    Only way for this to work is one of your team needs to die to prove that you can win with the town.

6. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

I’m fine with these choices.

There is value in lynching one of you, simply for the information that would be displayed in the write up that will confirm a lot of suspicions that are still out there. Don’t minimize that aspect. If anything it would place you in a more secure place with respect to the town than you are currently.

And if you don’t play along we lynch you. Plain and simple, especially if one of you hasn’t been killed/lynched already and your faction goals are still obscured/unconfirmed. Don’t think you have bargaining power here in that regard.

It’s not like you didn’t try to kill them… As far as I’m concerned you don’t have a lot of ground to state demands here either.

I’m trying to build a case that we should lynch someone outside of the Orc/Gondorian mess that we have right now. Town’s reaction is to always focus on non-town factions as bad and get rid of them, regardless of actual threat to the town. Orcs and Gondorians are going to do everything they can to eliminate one another. I’m trying to get traction on finding if there are other threats and not get bogged down in this battle. So, yeah. Duff is not really contributing and is sliding by and not making waves. Perfect place for a third party to lay low and let the mess in front of all of us consume everyone while they go about their business of winning the game. I am also not convinced that the Gondorians don’t have anything else up their sleeves. Let them focus on the Orcs while the rest of us can worry about finding the cult.

We lynch Duff today and then have Double A kill either Lassie or Choxorn. End result is two questionable people removed from the game and town in control of the vig. Double A crosses us and we lynch him, plain and simple.

7. atheotes

atheotes Warlord

:confused: Again, i feel that the logical conclusion to your post is to resolve the Orc/Gondorian mess right away and then focus on eliminating other threats. As you say, we will be consumed by this mess again tomorrow if we dont resolve it today.
    Resolving the orc team means we get a better idea of what we are up against.

If we lynch Zack today and it turns out that the Orcs can win with the town, we have kill power and are also narrowing down the suspects.

8. BSmith1068

I don't disagree, and won't lose any sleep if we do lynch Zack today. The strategic part of me is trying to have my cake and eat it too... We don't know what the Gondorians still can do. It would not be out of the question for them to attempt to kill one of the Orcs again tonight. If this were to happen we would get both the information/resolution we need as well as further down the hunt for another faction.

Mind you this is all rampant speculation on my part.

9. atheotes

atheotes Warlord

Speculations are all we have.
    I still think Zack is the optimal lynch. Why dont you change your vote to Zack?
    unvote; vote:Zack
    If it is proven that the orcs can win with town and Double A still doesnt want to play ball bcos we lynched Zack, its his loss.
    if any of you feel otherwise point it out to me. Otherwise please vote Zack.

10. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

On reflection, I feel the Orcs have not been as clear or straight as they needed to be today, and have not put up a decent argument why someone else (rather than just anyone else) should be the lynch.

The existence of a third non-town team is still just speculation (it could, after all, be the Orcs themselves who have some kind of limited conversion ability), and I'm not prepared to adopt a policy of killing only from the non-Orc/Gondor pool for the rest of the game until we have solid evidence of the Orcs' intentions.

vote: Zack

If the Orcs are telling the truth, then this is suboptimal. But since it's the only way we can be sure about that without sacrificing Double A's kill, I think it's the best choice here. Double A might think it's bad to lynch for information, but this is information that we need if we're to focus our efforts in the right direction for the remainder of the game.

11. BSmith1068

unvote; vote: Zack. Double A to kill one of choxorn or lassie tonight.

12. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

Lynch:
    Zack: 6 (choxorn, Autolycus, Duff, atheotes, Winston, BSmith)
    Double A: 3 (Al Sipsclar, Lassie, KingMorgan)
    Choxorn: 3 (Double A, Zack, Mat)
    Lassie: 1 (JohannahK)

Not voting (0) -

13. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Are we just taking names from the top end of the post-count pile?

14. BSmith1068

These are names that others (atheotes and Double A) have suggested as possible cult candidates. I don't have any objection to these as targets. I am open to other ideas too. :)

15. Double A

Have you never played with a cult before? Or are you cult or Gondor? I've already spelled it out twice so what's one more time: cult has enough members by now to make a kill, assuming standard cult mechanics

16. Double A

My only condition is to not friggin lynch Zack. unvote, vote: choxorn

17. Double A

What's with you guys, anyway? If I cooperated with you, I'd either get killed by cult or gondor if either of them can kill. Gondor probably can cause we had a one shot vig.

18. Double A

How come Choxorn and Lassie are good enough for night kills but not lynches?

19. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

quotes from winston when he was in the empire (from the qt):

Spoiler :
    (hint: replace "jedi" with 'gondor' and "Empire" with 'orcs', notice how exactly true it still is)

(hint: "jedi" with 'gondor' and "zack" with 'spaceman')

at the very least, double a and I have been more straightforward and open than you ever were in the empire, and the empire wasn't opposed to the town either. So that particular accusation is bogus and I hope you're a cultist or gondorian for your sake.

20. Double A

Why were many townies accepting Gondor without question but pretty set against us from the start?