1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Breeland Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by spaceman98, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Where does this certainty come from?

2. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

You've put a lot of focus on post count, not just in that post, which I find a bit odd. Especially as you're voting to lynch the player with the highest post count in the game. :lol:

You think I would ever play the game this way if we were a full-blown scum team? Reveal myself, reveal Double A, and so blatantly? Or that Double A would play it this way? You honestly think that? When have I ever publicly revealed myself to hard-defend a teammate when I was mafia, while also claiming to be in the person's faction? It's never happened and it never will. You think I'd do that especially in a game where Role PMs are revealed on death? When have I ever, EVER acted like this as mafia?

But, last time I asked this question you simply brushed it off and called me a hypocrite.

3. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Except for the Jedi? The NSP 2 townies weren't quite as suspicious of us as they were of the Empire, but they lynched us if we were known and there weren't only better alternatives. I think other than that day where I convinced the Star Wars Town to lynch Takhisis because there had to be a LOTR-aligned faction trying to kill them like how I was trying to kill all the Star Wars town, they lynched the Jedi pretty much whenever they could.

4. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

What makes me certain Lassie is cult? My gut, his behavior changed from D1 dramatically, his weird D2 ''joke'' vote, the focus on orcs over cult and how we MUST be mafia.

5. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

but yeah, I concede that satisfying your paranoia and seeing my Role PM, while giving the cult more time to build numbers, is quite obviously the optimal path for the town to take here.

6. Double A

Let's not forget how it's generally impossible to convince third parties.

7. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Here are all of Lassie's posts.

Spoiler :

Unvote, Vote: Lassie

There's a lot of inconsistencies and flawed logic in his reasoning (look at his progression on double a from start of d2 through now, ignoring me repeatedly pointing out that "lore" reasoning is bogus, completely ignoring cult and voting double a instead of me). There's a distinct lack of a townie thought process that you can follow. Some like BSmith and Winston have given (or at least the impression of) genuine thought in how to approach the situation, and given suspects for cultists rather than simply tunnel on the orcs.

Some of you have played with Lassie before when he was town on this site, and I don't remember him being anything like this. Look at Aspiring Rappers and Tempus Fugit and compare his posting there to this game.

8. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

Duff and JK are fine targets too. Hell, I wanted to lynch Duff today. I was hoping to give AA a narrow window to hit within, but I guess I am fine with extending his target list to the 4 of them.

9. Double A

unvote, vote: lassie

10. Double A

Most of you know me and my metagame. For some reason, I can't keep track of all your metas. That probably makes me a pretty bad Mafia player. Honestly, I might even be the worst Mafia player in our community who's been playing as long as I have. But when I'm a vig, something in me clicks. My instinct takes over and I actually play the damn game. I've even won some as a vig. My instinct's already caught Lassie (and it's telling me to decapitate him with a shovel and throw into a cauldron of boiling magma). I'm simply at my best and there's no denying that.

Do you guys want me at my best? I'm prepared to give this game my all, but no one trusts me or Zack. Frankly, that's insulting to us. I'm normally not very good at Mafia, and I'm even worse when I'm actually playing as the mafia, but even I know when to let a scumbuddy go. Zack sure as hell does because he's consistently an amazing player. He would have let me go, no matter my role, if we were mafia. I wouldn't have even alluded to teammates if I were mafia. Plus, we'd probably have a team kill, so it's not like it would have even mattered if either of us died. I've been sticking my neck out for him over the past real time day and a half because we're not mafia. If your next thought is "oooh wifom that's so scummy," then consider this: why drink the wine when you can eat me?

11. Winston Hughes

Is it the most likely possibility? No.

Is it a possibility? Yes. We don't know your numbers or powers, but it seems clear that Gondor started stronger than you are claiming/implying yourselves to be. And it's not too hard to imagine a scenario where a scum with your gifts for manipulation and survival might think it worth exposing himself to save a team mate in possession of a key power.

If we don't get proof of your goals, that possibility is only going to become more and more problematic as the game goes on. I mean, imagine we lynched a townie today, and then you killed another one tonight. Town would then be in a position where lynching anyone but Double A would seem like madness, given that the very existence of a third team is predicated on the truth of your claim.

12. Double A

Nine times out of ten, the simplest explanation is the right one. The only reason we've withheld any information during this game is because Gondor is too salty to trust.

13. Winston Hughes

Thing is, I've never seen you play like this as any alignment. But I do know how much easier it is playing as scum when you've got Zack alongside you. And I also know how much easier it is playing as scum when you've got a coherent cover story worked out. As above, on balance of probabilities you're telling the truth. But we don't need to risk lynching a townie and leaving you unresolved when lynching Zack deals with both.

14. Double A

Maybe it's because I've never been a third party vig before. At this point, I think there is an approximately zero percent chance of me winning, which is pretty similar to what I'd give most third parties. If town's just gonna treat third parties like scum, then I'm gonna start asking hosts why they're even gonna bother adding their cool idea if the witch hunt don't stop.

15. Double A

Do you REALLY think the chance of me and Zack being scum is higher than the chance of Lassie being town?

16. Winston Hughes

Possibly. But if Lassie is town, lynching him is a major blow. If you guys are telling the truth, then lynching Zack is hardly a blow at all, given how it resolves you.

17. Double A

Lassie can probably be converted. Zack cannot. How is losing one scummy townie worse than losing one non-convertible townie-if-you-let-him?

18. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Total cult to scummy town in less than 2 hours, a new record :lol:

19. Double A

You seem to be a true professional at misinterpreting my posts because Lassie is as obviously cult as you are Gondor.

20. Double A

There sure are a lot of lurkers. Tak's been dead most of the game and he has more posts than Joan, Mat, Duffy, or Auto.

The hell are you guys?