1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Breeland Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by spaceman98, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Sorry, you've lost me here. How are you judging these probabilities?

2. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

It's not tone. It's a lack of contribution - avoiding anything that might raise suspicion - and showing too much confidence in the Orcs being on the level (versus the rest of town showing at least some suspicion). The supposed annoyance expressed today makes little sense, either, coming from someone who made no meaningful attempt to stop Zack's lynch. Put together, it looks like Johanna is interested only in avoiding the lynch and Double A's nightkill, which is exactly what we'd expect from a cult leader.

You're right that lynching between the two who visited Double A is a safer bet for hitting scum. But unless conversion of Orcs/Gondor is possible (which looks pretty broken if it is), we won't find the recruiter there, and that is our number one goal.

If Johanna can get in here and show some solving intent, then maybe I change my mind, but for now it remains a three-way choice as far as I'm concerned.

3. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

When have I ever contributed anything to a game?

It's alright, go ahead and lynch me, but if you keep ignoring the scum, they will win.

4. JohannaK

Oooh, I just got the bit where I dont want to get killed. It sounds sensible that a townie wouldnt like to be killed either. I thought noone believed in the fallacy 'a townie doesnt want to survive' anymore.

5. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Understandable.

I'm with Winston that JohannaK, Duff, and Lassie are all acting pretty scummy right now, and I also agree that Duff might be trying to protect someone more important.

So, how about this: We lynch either Lassie or JohannaK today, whichever one we think is the better lynch. If we lynch the actual roleblocker, Duff dies tomorrow. If not, and Duff could still be the actual roleblocker, he needs to roleblock whichever of Lassie and JohannaK he didn't lynch, or he dies tomorrow.

That sound reasonable?

Vote: Lassie

6. JohannaK

If it is content you look for, dont bother reading me. I have to admit, it is actually a good reason to lynch me. You just shouldnt do it because I am not scum.

7. choxorn

Do you have a better argument than "You just shouldnt lynch me, because I am not scum."

Because just saying "I'm not scum" isn't a very convincing argument for why you're not scum.

8. JohannaK

I know it is, I have played enough. I am almost beyond caring, though, what with everyone bloody ignoring the actual scum for a second day in a row.

9. Mat93

Mat93 Emperor

I agree that the lynch should be one of the three. Really not liking the lack of any kind of claim from Lassie.

I'm not buying the bus tactic though. We lynch Duff, hes not the roleblocker, so we lynch Lassie the day after. I would assume its max 1 conversion per night, with some people conversion immune, they don't gain, especially as Lassie would then have to roleblock AA again, in order to stay alive. Allowing watchers an additional chance to get the cult leader.

Its possible, but its not optimal play. Its also pretty bad for a town Duff to block AA. At least if Lassie flips cult we can possibly track Duff's movements.

tl;dr I don't see both Duff/Lassie as cult. One of them is for sure.

But are you cult, is the question?

Lassie > Duff > JohannaK is where I'm sitting at this point. So unvote; vote: Lassie

10. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Pretty poor show from JohannaK imo, I'm tempted to keep my vote there for the mo. Not happy with any of the posts i've seen, nothing of any substence or help for us to resolve. For now I wil unvote pending further info.

I can sort of understand Duff blocking AA, but it seems counter intuitive to block him seeing as how he is on our side today, screams cult to my way of thinking.
    If Duff is the cult RB then was Lassie trying to convert Dbl A? I don't think that Dbl A is convertable, Zack claimed not to be, it seems odd to me that 2 cult memebers would visit him, makes me think that only one out of the 2 are cult and that one is town role caught in the crossfire so to speak. Makes it very hard to assess without a claim from Lassie. If they are both cult and Lassie is the RB then what was Duff doing visiting Dbl A? The fact that Dbl A got blocked make me think that Choxorn or Lassie are cult as they were the most likely targets for Vig'd last night, but Duff admitting to the block has really thrown a spanner in the works, very anti town imo. Claimimg lack of time even if true doesn't help his case.

11. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Joan claimed to me and the ability's weird enough that it's probably not a cover role, though not too weird to be completely unbelievable. It's also pretty damn situational. If he's cult then he's not a priority target.

unvote, vote: Duff

12. Lassie

Lassie Prince

Hey guys I've been busy with some things and haven't been able to keep up with game. I see PMs from winston and BSmith asking why I visited DoubleA.
    Since it seems the lynch is going in my direction I can just as well claim my role here and now to everyone, instead of answering in private.

I am town tracker.
    on N1 I visited Choxorn who visited no one
    N2 I visited Autolycus who visited no one
    N3 I visited Double who visited no one

13. Lassie

Lassie Prince

vote Duff
    should be a scum pretty much always, just based on how little sense it makes that he'd roleblock someone who claims to have a vig that is not going to target town. That he claims he roleblocked is worth nothing, as he would also know he'd be outed by not claiming the roleblock, as it is known exactly who visited DoubleA last night. So if he refused to claim it, he would eventually be outed scum from flips of others(as when everyone can see the rest of us aren't the roleblocker and that we told the truth, the roleblocker is him, as it is known doubleA was roleblocked).

So would be pretty awesome if you could stop lynching a town PR(me) while we have what seems like outed scum.

14. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

I'll go vote: Duff for now but I agree with Winston that the recruiter is likely not one who targeted AA last night. Gut says Atheotes but no real evidence/case ti back that up. Choxorn is runner up in my mind.

15. choxorn

If we're ignoring the actual scum, then enlighten us on who you think the actual scum are.

16. Mat93

Mat93 Emperor

I'd like to see this tested tonight. Obviously not by following AA, who was a poor choice last night really. Not as bad as blocking him, but still pretty bad.

Anyone have a better suggestion than him following me or Al tonight?

vote: Duff

17. choxorn

Al's a known non-cult, and I'm pretty sure you're also not cult. Lassie should track someone more suspicious, like atheotes or JohannaK.

18. Mat93

Mat93 Emperor

My reasoning was so we could confirm his ability. If he, if cult, follows another cultist, then they can just make up results, and very difficult for us to know that.

Once confirmed, I would agree with you.

19. Al Sipsclar

Al Sipsclar Prince

Yes, we should ask Lassie to follow one of us (he can choose whom) without telling where we go, and then confirm his result.

Unvote; vote: DuffKilligan

20. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

vote:Duff
    Lassie's claim is testable, and this unleashes our Orc killer to kill the cult.