1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Breeland Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by spaceman98, Jun 15, 2016.

1. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

I will back the choxorn wagon. He has been consistently considered scummy and is on the leading wagon, I dont see any good reason not to.

2. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

How am I supposed to defend myself when the most anyone can say about me is that I'm "scummy?"

I know I make that case from time to time out of laziness, but it's still not an actual case.

So I'll just take the approach of "the best defense is a good offense," and make a better case on Lassie.

Spoiler :

Day 1 votes and actions. This all seems pretty typical Lassie behavior so far.

Over the night. Still typical Lassie behavior.

Joke-votes Double A in response to Kennigit's vote, then claims he was fishing for reactions. Null reading.

Trying to figure out what's going on with Al and Kennigit

Still trying to figure out what happened Night 1. The cult thing seems a bit PIS-y, but maybe not.

In response to Zack saying that Kennigit and Al's claims are ridiculous.

Starts doubting Kennigit is scum, then gives this when Kennigit asks what Lassie's ability is. I can still see Lassie doing this as either town or scum.

Again, sheeping Zack.

And here Lassie quadruple posts. He makes the third one in response to Zack accusing him of being Cult, then follows me on Double A when I say that Zack and Double A are almost certainly teammates.

Suspicious of the orcs. He strangely seems to have stopped talking about the cult.

I really have no idea what he's getting at here.

Disappears for a few days, pops up to vote Duff, then disappears again. Seems kind of suspicious.

I also curiously note that as soon as he showed up, a massive bandwagon formed on Duff and pushed him well out of the lead. That bandwagon did include two Orcs, a Gondorian, and a now-dead townie, to be fair, but still... kind of odd how quickly it formed.

You will all note how I was trying to vote Lassie the entire time, even if I was suspicious of Duff.

What I see is a marked change in behavior around Night 2- Lassie suddenly becomes much less active and seems a bit less interested in the cult.

Honestly, I think there's a good chance he's just a recruit and not the Cult Recruiter, but if he's Cult then he's still a better lynch than me. My top suspects for the cult recruiter are the ones who have been mostly avoiding suspicion and/or who followed Lassie onto Duff yesterday, like BSmith, Autolycus, and KingMorgan.

Lynch Lassie. Lassie is cult.

3. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

Gondor/Orcs, have you gotten results from Lassie for last night?

4. Mat93

Mat93 Emperor

unvote; vote: Lassie

Does that answer the question sufficiently?

Spoiler :
    No results whatsoever at this point

5. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

unvote; vote: Lassie That is disappointing.

6. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

unvote; vote:Lassie

7. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

votes locked

8. spaceman98

Lassie: 6 (Al Sipsclar, Winston, Choxorn, Mat, BSmith, Autolycus)
    choxorn: 1 (JohannahK)
    Winston: 1 (Double A)
    Not voting: Lassie

When the townsfolk entered Lassie's house they were greeted by a woman of strange beauty. She did not attempt to defend herself, or indeed speak at all. Instead, she sang, in a voice like the murmur of the Withywindle river and the windless rustling of leaves and swaying of branches in the Old Forest. Despite their intentions, the townsfolk lowered their weapons, and stood still, admiring the River-Daughter. It was only through great force of will and presence of mind that one of them managed to look down, and see that roots were growing from the floor and enveloping their legs. Much as the river's song had drawn Frodo and Sam into Old Man Willow's trap not so long ago, now the whole town was being drawn in to the river daughter's spell. With great force of will, the townie freed himself and struck down Lassie. Then the townsfolk, orcs and gondorians gathered saw the truth. Lassie was Goldberry, loyal to the Cult of Tom Bombadil

Spoiler :
    Goldberry

http://km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html You are the River Daughter, wife of Tom Bombadil, and his foremost ally. Together, the two of you hope to convert the people of Middle Earth away from the Valar and Morgoth, and towards the way of the Old Forest … and to remove those who resist conversion.

Personal Ability: Your songs and rhymes guide the forest and the water. You can use them to block someone’s path (roleblock), or to unweave it (make someone immune to being roleblocked). You can only do one of these two things per night.

Personal Ability 2: If the primary converter of the cult dies, you inherit their ability.

Faction Goal: Outnumber all other factions (or reach a situation where this outcome is inevitable).

You will receive a QT to share with your fellow cultists shortly

Slowly, they freed themselves from the spell. Slower still they freed themselves from the entangling woody shoots that had held them in place. When they left the secluded house by the bank of the Withywindle, they saw that it was already night.

Night ends in: [TIMER=7/1/2016 9:30 PM PDT; Night 5 Over][/TIMER]

Alive:

2: JohannahK
    3: Winston Hughes
    7: Double A
    8: Autolycus
    11: KingMorgan
    12: Al Sipsclar
    14: Mat93
    15: BSmith1068
    16: choxorn

Passed into the Halls of Mandos:
    5: Takhisis (Bob, a Breeland Townie)
    13: Jarrema (Barliman Butterbur, a Breeland Townie)
    9: Kennigit, King Aragorn Elessar II, a member of the Gondorian Delegation
    4: Zack, Uruk-Hai, loyal to Mount Gundabad
    1: DuffKilligan (Lily Appledore, a Breeland townie)
    10: atheotes (Polly Leafcutter,a Breeland townie)
    6: Lassie (Goldberry, loyal to the Cult of Tom Bombadil)

9. spaceman98

orders locked

10. spaceman98

BSmith slept soundly in his house, surrounded by bottles of vanilla extract. Until he was woken by a knock on the door. He went to the entrance, where he saw an armed, and angry looking orc.

BSmith: "Hello good sir... Rather late to be out and about, don't you think? What brings you to my humble home?"

Orc: "Who are you?"

BSmith: "A vanilla townie! Don't you see my beautiful bottles of vanilla extract?"

Orc: "No your not."

BSmith: "Yes I am! Come see for yourself! I take PRIDE in my vanilla!"

Orc: "Vanilla comes from Harad, it cannot grow in these far northern climates, no trade routes could have believably gotten it here, and its plants cannot proliferate without their specific form of pollinator, or hand-pollination techniques that simply haven't been discovered yet. You misunderestimate me! I passed Biology 101 in Gundabad college you know! We aren't just mindless brutes!"

BSmith: "Misunderestimate... well it seems I did underestimate you for the wrong reasons, so I'll give you that."

In response the orc gave BSmith a scimitar through the heart.

Orc: "Mission accomplished?"

The orc then went to one of the bottles and smelled it. It did indeed smell like vanilla. BSmith was indeed a vanilla townie.

Spoiler :
    Human of Bree

You are a normal human of Bree. You live your life, and try not to cause any trouble. Hopefully this latest trouble will blow over soon.

Personal Ability: None.

Faction Goal: Eliminate all threats to the town

Orc: "Ah well, the miscreant deserved it. Chocolate is clearly better."

Day 6 ends in: [TIMER=7/3/2016 11:00 PM PDT; Day 6 Over][/TIMER]

if a lot of people are out for the 4th of July weekend celebrating our victory over those aliens from Independence Day who recently voted to leave the EU, then tell me and I can extend this phase or next one accordingly.

Player List:

Alive:

2: JohannahK
    3: Winston Hughes
    7: Double A
    8: Autolycus
    11: KingMorgan
    12: Al Sipsclar
    14: Mat93
    16: choxorn

Passed into the Halls of Mandos:
    5: Takhisis (Bob, a Breeland Townie)
    13: Jarrema (Barliman Butterbur, a Breeland Townie)
    9: Kennigit, King Aragorn Elessar II, a member of the Gondorian Delegation
    4: Zack, Uruk-Hai, loyal to Mount Gundabad
    1: DuffKilligan (Lily Appledore, a Breeland townie)
    10: atheotes (Polly Leafcutter,a Breeland townie)
    6: Lassie (Goldberry, loyal to the Cult of Tom Bombadil)
    15: BSmith1068 (Man of Bree, loyal to the town of Bree)

11. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

I swear to god

12. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Now do you believe I'm a vanilla townie?

Vote: Autolycus

Logic and the voting results of the past few days indictate he's overwhelmingly likely to be the cult leader. Maybe Johanna or Winston, but I'm just about certain it's Auto.

13. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Why hit BSmith ahead of Autolycus or Johanna? I am genuinely baffled as to the kill choices you guys are making here.

Right now, I'd like to see all role claims and results set out for public analysis.

If we take it that the cult can only convert townies, and if that assumption is true, then it seems like it's impossible for the cult to win here. It is quite possible, however, that town could lose along with them. I know I'm still town, but at this stage the best practical assumption is that all of the other possible townies are now members of the cult. The question then, is which would be the most likely recruiter?

Lacking the role information that the Orc/Gondor alliance have apparently found so convincing, I'm going to stick with my original suspect for that role:

vote: JohannaK

However, I am getting to the point of wondering how the set-up was ever supposed to be winnable for the cult if the town-only conversion theory is correct. The presence of two three-man teams of unrecruitable masons each with a killer and a watcher (plus other powers), both of which are confirmed town-friendly the moment one of their members dies, seems to make it incredibly tough for the cult. Making the two mason teams mutually hostile seems nowhere near enough to compensate for the weakness of the cult's position.

Thankfully, though, even if I can't set aside my concerns on the above, what I think we can assume is that the recruiter himself was not part of the mason teams when the game began. That is to say, it leads right back to the same group of suspects, and the same need to know the unpublicised role and results information to properly judge the choice between them.

14. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

Facepalm. :sad:

15. Double A

WELL king morgan claimed tom bombadil to Al awhile back so vote: KM

16. Winston Hughes

:lol: Why would he do that? And why are we only hearing this now?

I really am very confused right here, and can only request again that everything you know be put in the thread.

17. Double A

I only heard it last Night.

18. Winston Hughes

But you went ahead and shot BSmith anyway? :confused:

19. Double A

Well, given the fact that both third parties had 1-shot BP, it'd be really weird if the cult didn't.

20. Winston Hughes

So if KM is cult, who is Al's Gondorian buddy, then?