Brexit Thread III - How to instantly polarise your country without even trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we treat it as a question of division, sure. But what if it's a case of subtraction? One constitution and one civil war balance each other out. They have balanced their books. We're sitting in a constitution-deficit, we're in arrears to the count of three; we need not one but four constitutions before we can claim to be ahead.

I will not pretend to be an expert on EU funding for the regions, but note that that by necessity that requires the definitions
of regions; which means the EU drills down below the level of the so call sovereign nation states, and thereby inevitably
facilitates the encouragement of regions to look towards bypassing the national government re Mega Tsumai's point.

Next, you are going to tell me that EU research funding, which goes directly to the universities is also a part of this insidious plan to undermine the nation state, or what?

Thank you for your confession that there is an insidious plan.

That it was their intention, rather than an unintended consequence of targeted aid, previously seemed to me to be quite contentious.

If we treat it as a question of division, sure. But what if it's a case of subtraction? One constitution and one civil war balance each other out. They have balanced their books. We're sitting in a constitution-deficit, we're in arrears to the count of three; we need not one but four constitutions before we can claim to be ahead.
You've already got two, there's the Carta Magna and the European Uni –oh, wait.

That it was their intention, rather than an unintended consequence of targeted aid, previously seemed to me to be quite contentious.

UK yearly payments to the EU coming back as research grants is some kind of insidious plan ?
I though EU funding was suppose to goto rebuilding a postwar Europe and develope poorer EU countries with targeted aid.

Just make a promise to the Universities that EU funding will be replaced by UK funding, it seemed to have worked with the car manufactors
Problem SOLVED !

I'm sure that mid-Wales, Ebbw Vale, Sunderland, Cornwall and so on can relax, knowing that even as their local services decline and their region is steadfastly ignored by the Government, the evil EU is no longer undermining the hallowed Nation State that has done so much for them with their vile, unnecessary "targeted aid".

Just make a promise to the Universities that EU funding will be replaced by UK funding, it seemed to have worked with the car manufactors
Problem SOLVED !

Theresa doesn't have a magic money tree, you realise.

(Unless of course you're a grammar school or a DUP politician.)

Problem SOLVED !

But the £350 million a week has been "promised" to the NHS.

Meanwhile the number of new nurses coming from the EU has fallen by 67% and the numbers leaving increased by 89%. We will need to train more nurses but the number starting training in the UK has declined, by 23%, after the government reduced financial support to student nurses. Looks like some of that £350 million will have to be spent on nursing to keep the NHS where it is now let alone improve things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41838426
https://www.theguardian.com/educati...lications-slump-after-nhs-bursaries-abolished

Aaron Banks funding of parts of the leave campaign is now under investigation. There are questions about where the money came from as Banks appears to be less wealthy than he states.

From The Electoral Commission

""The Electoral Commission has today 1 November 2017 announced it has opened an investigation to establish whether or not Better for the Country Limited (BFTCL) and/or Mr Arron Banks breached campaign finance rules in relation to donations at the 2016 EU referendum.""

https://www.electoralcommission.org...er-for-the-country-limited-and-mr-arron-banks

The Bank of England has raised the base rate from 0.25% too 0.5%.
This will slow the fall of the pound which will reduce exchange rate driven price rises but will increase the cost of borrowing obvoiusly.

Take the country back! (to the Middle Ages, but they're taking it back nonetheless).

Just build the NHS and make Germany pay for it !
The UK made a lot of promises to a lot of people, many of them directly contridicting each other, I dont think they will be able to deliver,
The backup plan is blame the EU, That would work though at least for a while

Blame the EU for everything, while complaining that the SNP blame England for everything.

Rule Britannia, etc.

EU isn't at fault for everything, but it can't do or make anything better

Blame the EU for everything, while complaining that the SNP blame England for everything.

Rule Britannia, etc.
Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control!
Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control! Take Back Control!

Too many definite articles. :)

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Guy Fawkes, guy, t'was his intent
To blow up king and parliament.
Three score barrels were laid below
To prove old England's overthrow.

By god's mercy he was catch'd
With a darkened lantern and burning match.
So, holler boys, holler boys, Let the bells ring.
Holler boys, holler boys, God save the king.

Too many definite articles. :)

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Guy Fawkes, guy, t'was his intent
To blow up king and parliament.
Three score barrels were laid below
To prove old England's overthrow.

By god's mercy he was catch'd
With a darkened lantern and burning match.
So, holler boys, holler boys, Let the bells ring.
Holler boys, holler boys, God save the king.

Spoiler, it's part of a five-year trend, Brexit does not correlate with any observable change one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom