Brexit Thread III - How to instantly polarise your country without even trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Breaking news: Boris Johnson has finally resigned. All that time spent seemingly trying to get fired and he's just decided to resign too. The timing isn't political in the slightest, of course...

Breaking news: Boris Johnson has finally resigned. All that time spent seemingly trying to get fired and he's just decided to resign too. The timing isn't political in the slightest, of course...

I doubt it will happen, but the UK deserves to have Boris as PM.
Only Moggsy could be a more fitting choice.

As someone who looks forward to the end of English dominion over non-English parts of the British Isles, things seem to be progressing well.

I doubt it will happen, but the UK deserves to have Boris as PM. Only Moggsy could be a more fitting choice.

One might suggest that the oft-mentioned 17.4 million certainly do. I do not count myself amongst them!

As someone who looks forward to the end of English dominion over non-English parts of the British Isles, things seem to be progressing well.

Thanks for that.

Look there's four green fields hey

No confidence and general election please

Hahaha. Voting gave you Blair, then Cameron, then the latest bozocracy.
Do you imagine that if Labour got in they would immediately end all tax rorts or
the use of Panama and other tax havens? They are just as corrupt as the Tories,
but with a greasy patina of social conscience to hide their hypocrisy.
You'd be better off just appointing The (True) Monster Raving Loony Party.

I know there is lots of talk that the backbenchers don't want a leadership election that they can't win and that is keeping May in position but how can she stay now having lost two of her most senior ministers?

The others who left were relative nobodies.

It's just a few days until she will meet Donald Trump. Must be a bit embarrassing with such a weak government. Not a good impression on a man who only values strength.

I think that it is beyond dickish to resign after you (very clearly) tried time and again to get yourself sacked and failed. Boris should be nowhere near power, but sadly i think May really brought him back from the dead, and he is set to play more roles in the future.

Spoiled for choice: two brilliant candidates to guide the UK through Brexit, to infinity, and beyond!
buckethead.jpg fishfinger.jpg

Hahaha. Voting gave you Blair, then Cameron, then the latest bozocracy.
Do you imagine that if Labour got in they would immediately end all tax rorts or
the use of Panama and other tax havens? They are just as corrupt as the Tories,
but with a greasy patina of social conscience to hide their hypocrisy.
You'd be better off just appointing The (True) Monster Raving Loony Party.

Labour (most of them) suck, but Corbyn is at least honest and decent, and has principles. I'd like him to be PM. :)

Corbyn would almost certainly be better than this lot, yes, but he's definitely been playing politics for the last year and not necessarily in a good way.

It's just a few days until she will meet Donald Trump. Must be a bit embarrassing with such a weak government. Not a good impression on a man who only values strength.

He values sycophancy far more than he values strength.

Labour (most of them) suck, but Corbyn is at least honest and decent, and has principles. I'd like him to be PM. :)

He's one of a very few, sadly. The others will be in there up to their piggy
snouts in graft, and hiding their money in Panama along with the Tories. They'll
find a way to keep sending princes to teach the natives democracy by shooting
at them from helicopters.

Make him an honorary member of Millwall F.C. and sing "No one likes us, we don't
care". He'll love it.

Look, if you love Donald and you don't agree with the sentiments they are expressing by protesting against him, just say so! Don't try to claim the moral high ground by saying nonsense like this.

The Donald would just have lost if the election were by popular vote (ie, if it were an actual election). But no, actually I think it's likely that without the Russians Trump wouldn't have won even in the electoral college.

The Remainers demand that we respect the 48% is a pretty obvious dog whistle for them having a veto.

I would not have voted for the Donald, even if I had been eligible; and neither you nor I can
know who would have won if they had been campaigning in a popular vote based system.

Oh yeah, how many Russians voted for the Donald?

The Remainers demand that we respect the 48% is a pretty obvious dog whistle for them having a veto.

In the same way that Brexiteers clamouring that "we respect the referendum" usually means a super-hard Brexit with no Parliamentary oversight?

I would not have voted for the Donald, even if I had been eligible; and neither you nor I can know who would have won if they had been campaigning in a popular vote based system.

Given that Clinton won the popular vote, I think we can know.

Prominent Leavers may have been stupid, but is any of them stupid enough to actually remain in government for Brexit? :D :think:

Currently, Michael Gove, but (a) that speaks for itself and (b) he clearly wants to be PM, much like Boris does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom