Brexit Thread IV - They're laughing with us, not at us

Status
Not open for further replies.
like the thread title but shouldn't it be swapped around slightly.

But it is poison for Boris:):):)

If the UK does not allow UK pensioners to travel stay as they please anywhere in the EU they will stay at home and eat the £350m/week.

How can you reckon that they can eat what does not exist?

I am not sure. Seems that there is quite a bit of 'alt-right' in Britain, or just tory voters who don't care either way.

Many of us are regard Donald as the USA trying belatedly to catch up with mad King George III.

We regard him as a joke, his election demonstrating the Americans have a sense of humour too.

Last edited:

So very true.

Many of us are regard Donald as the USA trying belatedly to catch up with mad King George III.

We regard him as a joke, his election demonstrating the Americans have a sense of humour too.

Is the punch-line PM Jacob Rees-Mogg?

We are currently undecided:

(a) Boris Johnson (who as joke candidate replaced joke candidate Ken Livingstone as Mayor of London)
(b) Jeremy Corbyn (our very own garden gnome); and
(c) Jacob Rees-Mogg (as haber-dasher's model and Adrian Mole lookalike).

The problem with American humour, and the reason I don't like most American comedy, is that it relies too much on really wacky characters which often just comes across as making fun of the mentally ill while sweeping the darker implications of all that wackyness under the rug.

How can you reckon that they can eat what does not exist?

Well I am sure it was put on the side of some Bus so must "exist"

As we all know that was a gross figure and did not take into account the rebate which Margret Thatcher negotiated.

It also did not take into account the costs of setting up our own institutions and running them.

It did not take into account of the cost of the paying our obligations to the EU.

It did not take into account of the cost of the paying any on going to the EU to stay in the bits we may now ask to remain part of.

It did not take into account of the the short and medium term costs to the economy of Brexit.
Who knows what is going to happen long term as the government does not know what is going to happen in the short term.

So maybe the bus should have read "We send the EU -£200m a week" nett

So the pensioners will take it further into the red when they eat more of the money that Brexit is wasting

Agreed

The problem with American humour, and the reason I don't like most American comedy, is that it relies too much on really wacky characters which often just comes across as making fun of the mentally ill while sweeping the darker implications of all that wackyness under the rug.
Like Trump making fun of a disabled reporter during the election campaign.
Or the Normans chanting:
"Harald, Harald, Harald,
Oeuil, Oeuil, Oeuil"
at Hastings.

We most certainly do not run a trade surplus with the EU - we have run an ever-increasing deficit (inc services) with them since ’99.

All we are is the EU’s cash cow.
We suck in billions from around the world in services and spend it in the EU.
And when we complain we do not fit into their single market, we are sold to shut up and behave.
And then we have to pay billions every year for the privilege of buying billions worth of their goods every year.:crazyeye:
(…)
Yyyyeah, but those billions in services come from companies that want a safe place-cum-tax-haven to do business with the EU. Some of those services are actual EU agencies which will be moving out.
like the thread title but shouldn't it be swapped around slightly.
The UK's making fun of itself and everybody's laughing with them?
Why a new thread?
Beeecause every 2.5k posts this thread now has a new edition. See here:
We should have an interesting choice of thread title for the next contender anyway. I was going to suggest the last poster on page 120, but that happens to be me, so how about page 125?

I suppose that you have been exposed to Sheldon Cooper and Robin Williams, nein?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom