Brexit Thread VI - The Knockout Phase ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
..As has been mentioned above, there are tarrifs, rules and regulations, an endless amount of them....

The answer to excessive complexity is not more complexity.

These deals exist because they are a giant advantage to the economy and bigger companies.

They exist to benefit bigger companies, who can employ many experts, at the expense of smaller companies, that cannot.

The overall impact on the economy is debatable.

They exist to benefit bigger companies, who can employ many experts, at the expense of smaller companies, that cannot.

The overall impact on the economy is debatable.
Smaller companies suffer from regulation and restriction. They benefit when they are removed. Big companies having more resources doesn't really come into it.

Gains from trade is long established as an economic principle going back to Ricardo and Smith.

Smaller companies suffer from regulation and restriction. They benefit when they are removed.

Alas complex international trade deals inherently cramp the scope for individual nation states to reform their own industries, markets, regulations, restrictions etc.

Gains from trade is long established as an economic principle going back to Ricardo and Smith.

I am not disputing that.

RealBoris (in as much as someone who changes their mind as often as him can be real) is beating FakeBoris 53% to 29% according to the latest poll I could find that wasn't behind a paywall

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-hunt-by-two-to-one-in-tory-leader-race-poll

Thats consistant with polls of Tory party members since the election began

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opini...9_Conservative_Party_(UK)_leadership_election

The latest poll was done for the Torygraph so I don't have access to it

What I don't get is how the bumbling buffoon routine doesn't make Boras lose votes. His idiosyncratic stutter is worse than Hugh Grant's.
He looks and acts like a rugby bloke. A lot of people seem to like that.

We don't have the greek tradition of classical speakers like Alcibiades or Pericles.

We do however have the time-honoured tradition of politicians making things a lot worse for people with their populist rhetoric, just like Alcibiades.

We don't have the greek tradition of classical speakers like Alcibiades or Pericles.
I suppose you'll have to go to the Celts for quality orators. Like Gladstone...or Lloyd George...or Nye Bevan...

Oh! Peel! He was unqualifiably English. Just think of comparing that thatch-haired idiot to Robert Freaking Peel.

For those not in the know, Boris Johnson is the same man who said that investigating historical accounts of child abuse (Jimmy Saville, the church and the like) is a waste of money, just incase you still didn't think he was a piece of crap yet.

Ontop of being homophobic, Islamaphobic, Racist, a sexist and a philanderer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom