Brexit Thread VI - The Knockout Phase ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So until October it is, if I've read the news correctly. There should be so many Halloween references!

Time for three more (local, MEP, and UK MP) elections here, and another referendum too!

and somewhere in between the Tory succession battle for PM and the non-negotiations between the Tories and Labour
I hope Brenda is going to survive all that
Lizz is telling her that she is a disgrace because ......

Lizz Truss warming up for the election campaigns
We are growing wheat more competitively than the Canadian prairie.... we are producing more cheese varieties than the French.... and we are selling tea to China... Yorkshire tea !

Theresa May clearly does not interpret surrendering to the EU
as being in ay way incompatible with surrendering to the USA.

Julian Assange: Wikileaks co-founder arrested in London

The Met Police said he was arrested for failing to surrender
to the court and following a US extradition request.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47891737

Lizz Truss warming up for the election campaigns
We are growing wheat more competitively than the Canadian prairie.... we are producing more cheese varieties than the French.... and we are selling tea to China... Yorkshire tea !

Tea doesn't grow in Yorkshire.

Last edited:
Britain is getting more fascist by the day :/

Just Liam Fox playing his card to please Trump too early.

EDIT
Whicg reminds me that Cameron is now in deep **** because he planned to have his "memoires" published just after March 29, including a lot of global touring around including in the US to sell it.
But the publisher made some kind of a deal with May not to publish before Brexit was done. It could now become autumn this year.
On top the publisher wants to remove 100,000 words from his book.
Poor Cameron :D

Last edited:

TIL that Yorkshire Tea is the proper tea to drink. Not some Unilever product.
No word in the wiki page from which countries the tea leaves come, before being blended.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_Tea

I see that they have also a "plantation" in Harrogate near Leeds.
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1515708.new-tea-plantation-in-north-yorkshire/

I had a English colleague who had always his own tea with him. At breakfast in some hotel, he used his "own" tea bags :)

It is when you listen to these so called champions of Brexit,
one realises how Remain got as much as 48% in 2016.

When you want something, it is just like in traditional battlefields, protect the standard and the standard bearers.
Or should I say flagship ?

Switzerland’s supreme court has overturned a nationwide referendum for the first time in the country’s modern history, on the grounds that the information given to voters was insufficient.

In a ruling that may resonate in Britain, where remain campaigners have long argued that voters in the 2016 Brexit referendum were not adequately informed, the court said incomplete detail and a lack of transparency had violated the freedom of the vote, which could now be re-run.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rns-referendum-as-voters-were-poorly-informed

Was there a formal government document before the referendum ?

Last edited:
Yes, there were several:

For instance:

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../517014/EU_referendum_leaflet_large_print.pdf

Much cherry picking of the facts; including some interesting claims:

Thanks !

This is like an advertisement leaflet to sell tooth paste.
I will go to that site and read it through,
but first a question if you allow me:

If the Cabinet puts forward a motion to the UK Parliament... for example a new law... is there then a formal document, under responsibility of the government, giving the MP fair and comprehensive information on the motion, adequate to enable a MP to make an opinion.
For rather simple laws, I expect already documents with dozens of pages, appendixes and sources to dig deeper. And ofc an executive summary on top. And everywhere footnotes linking to deeper, detailed info.
Just the bread and butter document with formal consequences.

But

But... ONE document binding all used detailed documents... with a summary on top.
No... and never double info being inconsistent in anyway.

Now... making a piece of info to the layman is a bit different. You need another top layer.
But... but still a top layer consistently linked and connected to the main document.

Q1: how is the normal procedure for Laws in Parliament re such info ?
Q2: after I read that link you gave

Last edited:
I suggest a do over vote on Brexit and demand a 60% for it to pass. Otherwise this will go on forever and some similar disease will spread to each of the other EU members. The western world will be infected with paralysis.

The guardian is simply not to be taken seriously, at any circumstances. They are another rag - just blairite instead of tory/ukipy.
What Hrothbern posted was not an opinion piece. See Silurian's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom