Brexit Thread VI - The Knockout Phase ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a campaign to encourage tactical voting in the upcoming EU elections, at Remain United. Basically they say vote for the Lib Dems in England, SNP in Scotland and Plaid in Wales. I would like to vote for the greens, but they make a reasonable case, see below and the Grundiad:

^Any particular reason for Ukip to stay around if it is set to win 0 seats?
I think it is for the people who like their brexit with extra fascism.

If you live in the South West, Samson, we already have a sitting Green MEP.

Nigel Farage shows appropriate composure for a national leader:
Nigel Farage ‘fled after chauffeur driven 4×4 crashed into car carrying toddler’

A toddler was rushed to hospital after Nigel Farage ‘upped and left’ the scene of a head-on car crash, it has been claimed. Pub landlord Patrick Tranter, 38, said his 13-month-old son George were badly shaken and both taken to hospital following the smash. Patrick has been diagnosed with neck and shoulder injuries and possible whiplash. The dad-of-one slammed the Brexit Party leader for what happened in the aftermath, and said: ‘He didn’t even bother to see if we were OK.’ He added Farage ‘could not possibly have failed’ to hear George’s screams, but instead collected his bag from the boot of the car and ‘vanished’.​

Nigel Farage ‘fled after chauffeur driven 4×4 crashed into car carrying toddler’

A toddler was rushed to hospital after Nigel Farage ‘upped and left’ the scene of a head-on car crash, it has been claimed. Pub landlord Patrick Tranter, 38, said his 13-month-old son George were badly shaken and both taken to hospital following the smash. Patrick has been diagnosed with neck and shoulder injuries and possible whiplash. The dad-of-one slammed the Brexit Party leader for what happened in the aftermath, and said: ‘He didn’t even bother to see if we were OK.’ He added Farage ‘could not possibly have failed’ to hear George’s screams, but instead collected his bag from the boot of the car and ‘vanished’.​

he tries to mimic Prince Philip ?

Sounds terrible, and Farage is known to be garbage. THAT SAID, it also sounds a bit too random and not on point re the elections.
Also, if i was to bet, i am pretty sure the dad isn't a ukip/brexit voter. I think it is not a good idea to turn this into a political issue.

Only because he wasn't the driver himself. Otherwise, he should have backed down and let somebody else take over the party. Of course, that's the problem of one-person parties, it's much less about the content than the charisma...

Only because he wasn't the driver himself. Otherwise, he should have backed down and let somebody else take over the party. Of course, that's the problem of one-person parties, it's much less about the content than the charisma...

You think Anne Widdicombe has no charisma? Google her, i dare you :D

That particular report does not give any indication of the:

Date
Time
of the crash; or whether the police were called and the drivers breathalysised.

I shall wait and see what the BBC says.

Sounds terrible, and Farage is known to be garbage. THAT SAID, it also sounds a bit too random and not on point re the elections.
Also, if i was to bet, i am pretty sure the dad isn't a ukip/brexit voter. I think it is not a good idea to turn this into a political issue.
When electing representatives you have to give some thought to character. I do not think there is any justification for leaving the scene of an accident without checking to see if assistance is required. I think this would apply to a passer by, let alone an occupant of either car.

When electing representatives you have to give some thought to character. I do not think there is any justification for leaving the scene of an accident without checking to see if assistance is required. I think this would apply to a passer by, let alone an occupant of either car.

I agree, of course. Let's see first how true to fact this is, though, cause it does sound a bit convenient :)

I agree, of course. Let's see first how true to fact this is, though, cause it does sound a bit convenient :)

The crash happened but Farage wasn't driving, his chauffeur was, and he claims the other driver became aggressive and abusive.

Thank you.

Yes, I can see those details now.

But not in my earlier viewing, I suspect Metro snapshot updated
to credit the Sun or browser specific code removed.

Gosh, who'd have thought that Farage was a loathsome, self-serving slimeball?!

Gosh, who'd have thought that Farage was a loathsome, self-serving slimeball?!

It's not like he was driving the car, so let's not turn this into a hit and run. Apparently the father of the kid recognized him (not hard to do) and started badmouthing him. I suppose if said father was a ukip/brexit fan it would have turned out differently.
Farage is crap, but this particular event really seems to be non-news.
Kind of reminds me of the "outrage" that the Ukip ad-carrying airplane one day before the referendum flew over central London when there was a funeral for that murdered Cox mp. That non-news also backfired, so this isn't a good idea either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom