Brexit Thread VI - The Knockout Phase ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brexit has to finally happen, regardless of what type of brexit it is. This farce has gone on for more than enough.

The Brexiters don't want any type of Brexit, because anything but a diamond-hard Brexit would be Brexit in name only and that wouldn't be acceptable. Of course, if we do have a super-hard Brexit, that administration will burn up during Bre-entry.

38% for Farage should be a wake-up call. Brexit has to finally happen, regardless of what type of brexit it is. This farce has gone on for more than enough.
I agree it should be a wake-up call. The lesson we should learn from it however we may disagree. I would talk about the ease with which people can be persuaded to vote for overtly unpleasant people to represent them, and the importance of messaging to anyone who wants to create a better world.

I was shocked when people voted in the Conservatives in 2015 after just five years of austerity and continual slashing of welfare, the police, libraries, the NHS etc. They did it again in 2017, when the situation was two years' worse. At this point, anyone who votes Tory, UKIP etc. gets the party they deserve.

The only way out was and is to leave without any deal, as the EU is unwilling to strike an acceptable one.
KInd of hard to strike an acceptable deal when no one in the UK GOvernment has any idea what they want. Or how to negotiate, or make a deal, or make a plan, or govern, or the concepts of cause and effect, logic, reason, common sense, economics, popularity, intelligence, time ect.
I keep forgetting how the French call a duck, and your posts immediately remind me of it.

@Broken_Erika the post I quoted requires taunting.
Um, Le Quack?

canard
noun
ca·nard | \ kə-ˈnärd also -ˈnär \
Definition of canard
1a: a false or unfounded report or storyespecially : a fabricated reportThe report about a conspiracy proved to be a canard.
b: a groundless rumor or beliefthe widespread canard that every lawyer is dishonest

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/canard#synonyms

The ChangeUK is also starting to crack

Schermopname (2975).png

Would be nice if their voters go mostly to the LibDems or Greens in the EU elections.

Because of the d'Hondt system used in the UK (how else !) the UK EU seats are not really proportional to the % of votes.

In Scotland I would vote SNP (they run indeed) to maximise the effect of my vote.

Plaid Cymru? I doubt it. After all, even Farage couldn't explain what Brexit would do for Wales.

Don't the welsh have their own party? Is it not bothering to run in the euro election? (is the scottish one running?)

Plaid Cymru is also running and is more likely to get a seat in my area than the Greens are so I'll vote for them, but if I was in England I'd vote Green.

Wow. I suppose she just realizes it is over for May, and plans to run for pm herself? (is she likely to be elected?)

I did laugh at this announcement by number 10:

“Andrea Leadsom has served with distinction + great ability as a member of the government, and the Prime Minister is grateful for all of her work. We are disappointed that she has chosen to resign + the PM remains focused on delivering the Brexit people voted for.”

She's doing that right now - causing a giant mess with no idea of what people voted for or why and causing everyone else to claim that their Brexit is the real one. Now that is the Brexit people voted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom