Brexit Thread VI - The Knockout Phase ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So BloJo was sacked from a British newspaper for being dishonest, which is some feat. He called Muslim women “letterboxes”, Africans “water-melon smiles” and the Scottish not fit to vote. This is a wonderful escalation of “honesty” for anyone who want to see the Tory party scarred for life or dead.

It’s also worth noting for those who may not know - the Tories are not part of the conservative group EPP in the European Parliament but in the far right racist group with among others the Sweden Democrats who for example are of the oppinion that Swedish Jews, the Sami (indigenous and inhabiting lands before anyone) or Romani Swedes are not Swedish.

So BloJo was sacked from a British newspaper for being dishonest, which is some feat. He called Muslim women “letterboxes”, Africans “water-melon smiles” and the Scottish not fit to vote. This is a wonderful escalation of “honesty” for anyone who want to see the Tory party scarred for life or dead.

It’s also worth noting for those who may not know - the Tories are not part of the conservative group EPP in the European Parliament but in the far right racist group with among others the Sweden Democrats who for example are of the oppinion that Swedish Jews, the Sami (indigenous and inhabiting lands before anyone) or Romani Swedes are not Swedish.

Not seeing how BoJo can even be a candidate. Of course May resurrected him - BoJo was dead after the brexit referendum, and she gave him a job again, and not just any job but foreign minister.

Not seeing how BoJo can even be a candidate. Of course May resurrected him - BoJo was dead after the brexit referendum, and she gave him a job again, and not just any job but foreign minister.

Good point !
That legitimated Boris again.
May kept her Brexit enemies close... for whatever reason.

Last edited:
It is not the Telegraph saying this, it is them reporting something Farage has said. As he is 50% of any deal that might happen with the Tories, his openness to a deal is incredibly important to take note of. Some here might want to know that, even if you don’t.

Britain's most-unelectable non-MP claiming that he could help win the Tories a massive majority is hardly news (but only if Johnson supports a no-deal), whether the Telegraph is reporting it or not. What's he going to do? Only stand candidates in areas without a sitting Tory MP? If there's one thing we've learnt over the last year, it's that the Tories would rather keep their seats than have Brexit, as shown by the repeated votes of confidence in a prime minister that they were also trying to tear down.

One suggestion I read was that he wouldn't stand candidates only in seats where MPs voted against the Withdrawal deal. That's a lot of Tories who'd see their seats potentially under threat from Farage's crew and openly trying to steal a party's seats doesn't seem like it would be good business for pretending to go into power with them.

Britain's most-unelectable non-MP claiming that he could help win the Tories a massive majority is hardly news (but only if Johnson supports a no-deal), whether the Telegraph is reporting it or not. What's he going to do? Only stand candidates in areas without a sitting Tory MP? If there's one thing we've learnt over the last year, it's that the Tories would rather keep their seats than have Brexit, as shown by the repeated votes of confidence in a prime minister that they were also trying to tear down.

One suggestion I read was that he wouldn't stand candidates only in seats where MPs voted against the Withdrawal deal. That's a lot of Tories who'd see their seats potentially under threat from Farage's crew and openly trying to steal a party's seats doesn't seem like it would be good business for pretending to go into power with them.

I think Farage just wants to keep himself in the news and keep the Tories worried.
With the leadership election going on he hasn't been getting much attention lately.

They're slow. I told you back on the 1st that if I were to put a bet on this, I'd put in on Rory Stewart . It was obvious that he was the establishment candidate, from the start.

And now ... he is out of the race.

The Establishment has failed us again! Damn you, The Establishment!

Well, almost everyone, but yes, absolutely.

Presumably tomorrow, with the last two votes.

Just imagine – Boris as PM and Farage as deputy PM. :lol:

It could well happen. And Remainers who have continuously done all they can to block Brexit will only have themselves to blame.
So you are claiming that people should have just allowed for a hard no-deal Brexit to happen instantly and that somehow would have stopped the ambitions of the Tories?
Isn't that a bit like drawing a disctinction between someone who wants to burn down the house because they don't like the kitchen, and another who wants to burn down the house because they don't like the living room?
Yes!

Final MP voting today:

10 a.m.-Midday: MPs vote in fourth ballot
1 p.m.: Fourth round result – three candidates left
3.30-5.30 p.m.: MPs vote in fifth ballot
6 p.m.: Fifth round result – two candidates left

Anyone here agree with that great sage Noel Gallagher? :)
(I say this rather smugly of course, as I voted Remain (cos I’m chicken) but am very much a Brexiteer at heart.)

Seriously though, he actually has a point…

From the Scum:
People who want a second vote on Brexit should go and live in North Korea, he said. Meaning that they had no time for democracy.

Gallagher — like almost every bloody pop musician — backed Remain in the referendum. But he said: “There’s only one ****ing thing worse than a fool who voted for Brexit. That’s the rise of the ***** trying to get the vote overturned.”

His message, then, to the relentlessly moaning Remainers who have tried every trick in the book to get that democratic decision overturned is: Don’t look back in anger — get on with your lives and let Brexit happen.

NB I put a couple of extra asterisks in so don’t click here if you are easily offended

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9333514/noel-gallagher-brexit-liberal-elite/

Well, it's all very well a ridiculously wealthy person telling us to get on with our lives - he has the money to weather any shocks to the economy and will likely grow more wealthy under Tory policies.

With the increasing polarisation of the Tory party and the growing insistence on No Deal as the only acceptable outcome (and screw the 99%, let alone the 48%), things are only going to get worse. Of course, we'd have left three months ago if the ERG had deigned to vote for May's deal, but compromise is a terrible word these days and, with the press almost entirely in lock-step with the No-Dealers, it's entirely the fault of the "liberal elite".

Now, I don't agree that we should simply rerun the 2016 referendum, because that won't solve anything, but putting the terms of our eventual Brexit deal to the people seems entirely equitable. Leavers keep banging on about democracy and The Will of the People (TM), so they should love that idea, right?

putting the terms of our eventual Brexit deal to the people seems entirely equitable. Leavers keep banging on about democracy and The Will of the People (TM), so they should love that idea, right?

I don't have a problem with the government delivering a 599 hard copy print
out of the so called Withdrawal Agreement to every UK voter with a form at the
back for the voter to personally complete confirming with their signature that:

(a) they have

(i) read the entire document and
(ii) accept it

OR

(b) they do not accept it.

You do realise what people do when faced with long-winded EULAs, right? I doubt you'll be able to find anyone who has ever read an EULA all the way through.

Besides, a 600-page hard-copy to every voter? Weren't you one of the ones railing against the Government using public money to inform voters about the EU back before the referendum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom