Brexit Thread VIII: Taking a penalty kick-ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying they should change their mind, only that they should get over the result and move on.
And neither am I saying there should not be a second referendum. I just think that, like the Scottish vote, it should be held once a generation.
And talking of Scotland, they do not appear to be harping on and on about the 2014 result – they just want another one.
Remainers should get over the 2016 result and start a Rejoin motion.

Given the clown show they had put up in Parliament prior to the last GE I thing the UK narrowly escaped having Farage encourage something like what happened in Washington! The UK really needed to get brexit done and move on.

Burexitu wa feiru desu!

Leave.EU leaves Britain after Brexit
Eurosceptic campaign group founded by Arron Banks is now registered in Ireland

Leave.EU has left the UK, as Brexit forced the Eurosceptic campaign group to choose between its name and its country.

According to domain name registration records, the organisation, founded by businessman and activist Arron Banks, picked the former. The website is now registered in the name of Sean Power, the chief executive of the Ireland-based professional services company BSG.

When asked, however, Power, who is based in Waterford, insisted that he had no involvement with the organisation. When informed that his name and contact details were present on the registration, he said he would be “looking into the matter”.

Leave.EU has had some time to consider its move. The organisation is named after its web address, but .EU domain names can only be held by businesses or individuals based in the EU or wider European Economic Area.

As the Brexit transition period drew to an end in 2019, the British owners of .EU domain names – of which there were estimated to be about 340,000 – started to express alarm that no deal had been made, meaning that they would have to give up their websites when Britain left the EU.

Initially, Leave.EU suggested it was fine with that outcome. “If we leave with no deal our job is done,” Leave.EU’s communications chief, Andy Wigmore, told the Guardian in 2019. “No need for Leave.EU any more. Cheers all round, I’m sure!”

But in July that year, the EU threw a lifeline to organisations, confirming that UK-based owners of .EU domains could continue to operate – provided the actual registration was transferred to an EU citizen.

For companies which did not take that step, it is not too late to follow Leave.EU’s lead. According to UK government advice: “On 1 January 2021, any UK registrant who cannot meet the eligibility criteria will have their .eu domain names withdrawn. A withdrawn domain name no longer functions … and can no longer support any active services (such as websites or email).

“Withdrawn domain names will not be available to any other entity for a further 12 months. On 1 January 2022, all the withdrawn domain names will be revoked and made available for registration by other entities.”

But a grace period, lasting until 31 March this year, allows registrants to transfer suspended domain names to an EU-based owner, or any person with EU citizenship.​

So full of fail!
The Breatanaich are now not even going to be *in* Britain.
Brexit goes transnational!

Given the clown show they had put up in Parliament prior to the last GE I thing the UK narrowly escaped having Farage encourage something like what happened in Washington! The UK really needed to get brexit done and move on.

Except that Farage is neither in government or in control of the Metropolitan Police. Johnson's Tories have already shown us how hopelessly corrupt this country can be, but we do know how to repulse a riot.

Except that Farage is neither in government or in control of the Metropolitan Police. Johnson's Tories have already shown us how hopelessly corrupt this country can be, but we do know how to repulse a riot.
Four times Sunday League Champions!
Bloody Sunday (1887)
Bloody Sunday (1920)
Bloody Sunday (1921)
Bloody Sunday (1972)

You don't appear to wishing hard enough for a good result, AQ. You're doing our country down!

You don't appear to wishing hard enough for a good result, AQ. You're doing our country down!

If I could find an English speaking country with a temperate climate and liberal politics that would have me I'd be there.
As it is I may see if I can claim asylum in an independent Scotland shortly.

Scotland has temperate climate? ^_^

I realise that you haven't travelled widely in the UK so let me enlighten you.
Scotland is not a land of eternal ice and snow.
SE Scotland has the pleasantest climate of anywhere I've lived in the UK.

Now, if the British could just get behind proper insulation and heating, one might not have to freeze one's nadgers off every time visiting during the cold part of the year...? ;)

I realise that you haven't travelled widely in the UK so let me enlighten you.
Scotland is not a land of eternal ice and snow.
SE Scotland has the pleasantest climate of anywhere I've lived in the UK.

I was routinely freezing even while waiting for the bus to the train station outside the university of Essex :)(it didn't help that it was empty space for miles in three directions)
And that is just 40 min (by train) from London, itself almost in the southern edge of the country.

I was routinely freezing even while waiting for the bus to the train station outside the university of Essex :)(it didn't help that it was empty space for miles in three directions)
And that is just 40 min (by train) from London, itself almost in the southern edge of the country.

And I won't visit Greece during the Summer as its fit only for lobsters.
What you are used to affects your perception of whats acceptable.

And I won't visit Greece during the Summer as its fit only for lobsters.
What you are used to affects your perception of whats acceptable.

You are thinking of Australia ^_^
Unless you get burned at 30 celcius, which is the normal temp for summer (London has low or mid 20s too, no?). 35 is rare and there are a few (say 5-10) days of near 40 degrees in the summer.

You are thinking of Australia ^_^
Unless you get burned at 30 celcius, which is the normal temp for summer (London has low or mid 20s too, no?). 35 is rare and there are a few (say 5-10) days of near 40 degrees in the summer.

I'm trying to avoid thinking of Australia.
I sometimes find British summers too hot.
Anything 30 celsius plus is unbearable.

Try reading a little more widely.

The EU has been granting emergency use authorisations particularly regarding sugar beet.

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2020/07/08/bees-neonicotinoids-bayer-syngenta-eu-ban-loophole/
From the article:
“They are rarely justified and often repeated. This means countries are repeatedly and habitually violating EU law, and endangering people, environment and pollinators in the process.”
Sure doesn't sound like a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom