Brexit Thread VIII: Taking a penalty kick-ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confess :lol:
Mainly the UK, Australia, PNG, and Antartica :crazyeye:

I focused at Europe and the Commonwealth
But as I continued, during my secondary school years, the collection of my grandfather and father, I did not mind adding from other countries as well.
It was during my secundary school years my main source of pocket money. Buying and selling collections of post stamps at the saturday Amsterdam post stamps market, and taking out some stamps for myself, but not too much in order to keep my working stock big enough to continue trading and cream off enough pocket money.

if some people were not moaning about a blinking 50p coin as tho it was the end of the world or that some people wanted a go fund me campaing to get Big Ben's bells working in time for the historic day, was only an insultive move on their part... then I would probaly not have used it
Some consistency would be nice as you so wisely pointed out
In my experience, people will moan when they want, it's not something that's unique to folks upset over Brexit :p

That said, the coin's a pretty useless waste of money (to design and mint) so purely from an economic standpoint I can see where there'd be moaning!

In my experience, people will moan when they want, it's not something that's unique to folks upset over Brexit :p

That said, the coin's a pretty useless waste of money (to design and mint) so purely from an economic standpoint I can see where there'd be moaning!
I just want them to be true to their word and try to take them out of ciculation purly from an economic standpoint , as I have already order my souvenir coins

There will be something on TV? Would like to find a stream around midnight, if there is any news to watch regarding the departure.

Other than that, I'll literally be having a party. Will put on a few Brexit documentaries as a warmup, but then it'll just be a regular party until shortly before midnight, I guess.

At the end of the year, I expect Boris to align the UK closely with the EU (while publicly stating something different), so I'm not too worried about the future of British individuals.
Yes BBC 1 and ITV have special news shows. BBC 2 have a news night special. Channel 4 have a live comedy chat show that will be covering it. The host decided not to shave until Brexit happened and then with the various delays he now has a big bushy beard so he is going to have it shaved off. The hosts are unabashed remoaners - this is what I will be watching. Channel 5 have 'inside the worlds poshest hotels'

I have the complete set on DVD and the complete radio series. I LOVE that show so much.

I found out a while ago that the episodes of the TV series "The Borderers" have been put on youtube
When I saw that in my youth, it was the first time that Scotland was really on my mental map of the world.

Guess when I am going to look at those ?

I have the complete set on DVD and the complete radio series. I LOVE that show so much.
It's up there with Monty Python and Blackadder as the best stuff that's ever come out of the UK! Think I can do most of the episodes by heart, though I'm still struggling to memorise all of Humphrey's speeches. :love:

Edit: Did you ever get to read the "Yes, Minister" script for an early Brexit-episode from back in 2016?

Yes BBC 1 and ITV have special news shows. BBC 2 have a news night special. Channel 4 have a live comedy chat show that will be covering it. The host decided not to shave until Brexit happened and then with the various delays he now has a big bushy beard so he is going to have it shaved off. The hosts are unabashed remoaners - this is what I will be watching. Channel 5 have 'inside the worlds poshest hotels'
Awesome! Hope I can find a stream of it as well. What's the name of the comedy show?

It's called The Last Leg - 9 till 10.30 pm, I think.

Presumably it's no more a waste of money than an umpteenth Paddington Bear coin though. No-one seems to moan about those, and like it or not this is something of more significance.

10 uk time till 11:30 to cover the 11pm departure.

Don't know how you would get it - it is a free to air sattelite channel so you might get it that way, otherwise Channel 4 have a web player called all4? Which should be streaming it - it might have location restrictions.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-last-leg

I don't understand what all these programmes are for. It's not like it's an election night. Is anything actually going to happen that they will have to show?

A 50p coin was minted when we joined the EEC in 1973 and another one in ‘92 (regarding our holding of the Presidency) and a third to mark our 25th anniversary as members, so I suppose those have been an even bigger waste of money?
Apparently this coin is the latest of 90 different designs for the coin since Decimal Day in 1971.

A 50p coin was minted when we joined the EEC in 1973 and another one in ‘92 (regarding our holding of the Presidency) and a third to mark our 25th anniversary as members, so I suppose those have been an even bigger waste of money?

People actually used hard currency back then. I pay with coins for things maybe once a week, if that.

I don't understand what all these programmes are for. It's not like it's an election night. Is anything actually going to happen that they will have to show?

Well, as you said, it is a date of significance. Why wouldn't they cover it?

People still use hard currency you LIBERAL ELITIST.

Really? I thought that the burgeoning debt crisis was spurred in no small part by constant electronic payments and "buy now, pay later" schemes.

Yes really. I have coins in my pocket right now, and plan on buying milk with them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom