Brexit Thread VIII: Taking a penalty kick-ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the largest farms that are to get the greatest subsidy cut.

Do you not understand why Large farms are much more productive and profitable then small family farms ?
Or that they can break themselves up into smaller corporate entities to take advantage of the cap like what is done in America ?

It is perfectly possible to draft legislation so that any artificial subdivision of assets or
income for the pupose of tax avoidance or multiple applications for subsidies is ignored.

It is perfectly possible to draft legislation so that any artificial subdivision of assets or
income for the pupose of tax avoidance or multiple applications for subsidies is ignored.

yes
and that precision will be easier in a stand alone country because each country in the EU has its own domestic politics sensitivities that are not that easy to allign regarding eliminating gaming the system

Apparently, Steve Baker of the ERG has been "steathily" deleting all his tweets relating to how easy Brexit was going to be. It's almost as if he was extremely naive or exceptionally mendacious.

Apparently, Steve Baker of the ERG has been "steathily" deleting all his tweets relating to how easy Brexit was going to be. It's almost as if he was extremely naive or exceptionally mendacious.

Just like the Egyptian Pharaos who chiseled so much inconvenient past away.

Animal farm and 1984 are truly great books.

You are very correct. Are you willing to bet that the current lot will manage to draft such legislation?
Just like the Egyptian Pharaos who chiseled so much inconvenient past away.

Animal farm and 1984 are truly great books.
Yeah, but we do not have databases of what the obelisks looked like before the chiseling, presumably this deleting will have more of a streisand effect.

I am very pleased and happy to see the U.K. government not accepting the BS from the EU dictators. It is obvious the EU has always, always, always been a bad faith actor, the numerous absurd and obviously unacceptable demands for total capitulation before negotiations start is proof of this. The U.K. holds all the cards and the EU will be hurt worse as they have their trade surpluses to lose and they will lose them if they do not unscrew themselves. No, you don’t get to demand anything from an independent country and you will not get their resources such as access to their fishing grounds. No, they will not accept your rules nor your biased and politically motivated courts.

You either agree to an agreement of equals or you lose access to the fifth largest economy on earth and lose access to the largest capital market on earth. We already know European banks and financial institutions know London cannot be replaced because 2000 of them have opened up offices in London since 2016. They are desperate to retain access to cheaper, more efficient, and far more liquid financial markets in Europe and they know they will be at a massive disadvantage if they cannot access them.

The U.K. holds all the cards

I'm beginning to think that you get your news exclusively from the Express in 2016. It's about as useful too.

Honestly, I don’t see Bernie winning.

I am rather pessimistic on that too.

But it would still be interesting.
I do not see that quick fix comprehensive trade deal happening with Sanders, when his Admin goes through the normal procedures to get a FTA.
It will be at odds with BoJo's proclaimed strategy to have all options open with negotiating at the same time with all main trading countries

With Trump it will be in another way interesting.

You are very correct. Are you willing to bet that the current lot will manage to draft such legislation?

No, they must be aware of the problem; but I suspect that they will probably draft
something comparatively ineffective to address that in the first instance.

I do not usually post links to the Daily Mail, but there is an interesting article there
about one particular government adviser: Dr Tim Leunig

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...leaked-emails-senior-government-official.html

Britain doesn't need farmers', leaked emails claim

Alas, this rather feeds my fascist tendencies to lock him in a cell for seven
days with water, but no food, to see if that brings him down to reality.

A supposed expert we can well do without.

What a surprise that it's another of Cummings' "independent thinkers" at fault. :rolleyes:

What a surprise that it's another of Cummings' "independent thinkers" at fault. :rolleyes:

Ther is nothing independent regarding thinking by Oxford and LSE clones

Dr Leunig, an associate professor at the London School of Economics,
who also holds advisory positions in the Education and Environment Departments,
made his arguments in emails sent last week to the National Food Strategy,
the Government's wholesale review of the British food system.

The first institution programs them with a sense of entitlement,
the second programs them that financial capitalism is everything.

Ther is nothing independent regarding thinking by Oxford and LSE clones

The first institution programs them with a sense of entitlement,
the second programs them that financial capitalism is everything.
I guess this is mostly from Yes Minister, but is not the LSE supposed to be the "common" one, as opposed to oxbridge which is the "posh" ones.

I guess this is mostly from Yes Minister, but is not the LSE supposed to be the "common" one, as opposed to oxbridge which is the "posh" ones.

That was probably true 35 years ago, when Yes Minister was being scripted.

I prefer Cambridge as they have a better balance towards science.

You either agree to an agreement of equals or you lose access to the fifth largest economy on earth and lose access to the largest capital market on earth.
Is it Groundhog Day? This reads like something out of Vote Leave from 2015.

I'm beginning to think that you get your news exclusively from the Express in 2016. It's about as useful too.

Nope, just an informed person who knows the bets. The UK still holds all the cards as WTO is pretty good and the lack of a free trade deal will hurt the EU more.

Boris is doing exactly what he should be doing and the EU can either take it or the UK can leave on WTO.

Just repeating the same nonsense again doesn't magically make it more sensible.

Nope, just an informed person who knows the bets. The UK still holds all the cards as WTO is pretty good and the lack of a free trade deal will hurt the EU more.

Boris is doing exactly what he should be doing and the EU can either take it or the UK can leave on WTO.

You've been saying that the UK has been on the verge of total crushing victory for years now. Perhaps you could give a date for when it'll finally happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom