Bribe to DOW doesn't free luxuries. Bug or feature?

Diktaattori

Chieftain
As title says Bribe to DOW doesn't free luxuries. Bug or feature?

When you bribe somebody to DOW someone their luxuries or other resources never become available. This affect both parties and situation is ALWAYS the same also on next turn.

Is this feature so human cant abuse DOW bribe

You bribe the wrong target. It happened to me many times that bribing wars did free luxuries.

You bribe the wrong target. It happened to me many times that bribing wars did free luxuries.

I have done it thousands of times and it has never freed any luxuries. Everybody else also has the same experience. That is consensus here. Maybe you are using mods or playing version that is not updated? I assume you dont have brave new world extension installed or even gods and kings patch?

I have done it thousands of times and it has never freed any luxuries. Everybody else also has the same experience. That is consensus here. Maybe you are using mods or playing version that is not updated? I assume you dont have brave new world extension installed or even gods and kings patch?

I played with bnw newest version (1.0.3.279) without any mods except for EUI.
when you bribe war between two AI, they usually will not have good relationships, so they will not likely to have luxury trades.
but if they did have luxury trade, bribing war did free there luxuries.

I confirm that bribing to Dow DOES free up luxuries, occasionally but at the same time there seems to be cases where an AI should be alble to have a tradeable item, but doesn't. For example when you have a monopoly on a lux but there is some civ to whom you can't sell to.

I wouldn't worry too much about it but your assumption is wrong, OP.

This is about a case when AI has monopoly and shows only one available copy. Then when they are bribed to declare war none of the copies come free and it always shows only one item available and you need to buy them using the triple sum as it is their only available copy

Nah, I just did it in a Succession Game. Bribed Rome to DOW Monocco (who didn’t want my extra Salt because Rome had a bunch of copies). As soon as the bribe was executed, sold my Salt to Morocco. I’m playing HOF verified version. Not sure what’s going on in your game, but it isn’t bugged in the way you describe.

Top Bottom