1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bridge between causal players and HOF-players?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by krikav, Oct 31, 2018.

1. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I did a comeback to civ4 recently, and have been trying to get some activity going around the "Nobles Club" cycle. These NC games, and also LHC and IU games are what I spent most of my time with last period I played civ4.
    I have also recently started to participate in BOTM.

I'm not sure, but right now it seems abit to me, like there is a rift between A) causal players who just play every now and then, and perhaps only recently discovered the forum and are not that active and B) more dedicated players who participate in HOF/GOTM.
    Ofcourse there is some overlap, but in general when I look at the names of people in the NC-threads compared to the BOTM threads, it's different people almost to the extent that it's two separate communities.

I don't think this is optimal if we want to have continued activity for the long term.
    I would like to have more connections between the aspiring newcommers and the experienced veterans.

I'm sure many have thought about this, and probably discussed it alot, and I'm probably skewed by my own preferences... But could it be an idea to, in some way have say the NC-games, (or perhaps the BOTM games) First accessable for a brief period to HOF-play and after that made more open for causal players on the forum?
    What other suggestions and ideas have been floated over the years?

2. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

No idea.
    Mostly just try to get everyone herded into SGOTM when it is active because that is where the most learning occurs.

The game is 12 or 13 years old now. :crazyeye:

3. Anysense

Anysense Chieftain

That's, probably, just lack of time. Most people around here are either working or, which is worse, studiyng. I have to choose carefully what games I will play, because I won't be able to play them all.