1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brief thoughts

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fury Road Modpack' started by Ahriman, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

I just downloaded the mod, very cool. My main issue is that the tech tree is too short and that there just aren't enough different units. Its too easy to get to the end of the tech tree long before any victory conditions are met.

I think there is a combination of a) teching up to modern weapons too fast (guardians are available very quickly) and b) Lack of an interesting high end.

If you're thinking about a Fallout type feel, why not continue the Fallout story all the way up to robots and power armor. So have the war have taken place in the future (so the mod represents a post-apocalyptic 2030, say) rather than the war having taken place right now (it feels like a post-apocalyptic 1980). Have Fallout style Vaults that are only revealed with some very high tech (the doors are impenetrable to any other weaponry).
    You could also add some better terrain improvements (greenhouses, mines, etc.) available only with high tech requirements.

Would also be very cool to see a high-tech AI faction emerge at some point during the game, as they finally open the doors of their vault. Maybe some of the infernal/angelic mechanics from Fall From Heaven could be used; when some player researches a mid-game civ, a old government civ with a robot army is spawned somewhere with high tech and a powerful army, and if the human player is the one to research the tech, they can take over the new faction instead of their old one, and conquer the world.

I think an Australia and a continental US scenario would also both be pretty cool, being the two most common fictional post apocalyptic setting. US might work even better given that most of Australia is uninhabitable even before a nuclear war, and given Australia's lack of major military bases all over and ICBM silos.

Also.... why no commerce bonus from rivers?

2. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

From the hints I have seen around, he may very well go toward a High tech enemy of some sorts.

3. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

There were hints ??

4. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=281591

And Listen to pod cast etc etc. Granted you never said as such but those and that advanced unit that isn't being used in the world builder...

Your not into zombies, radiation more then likely rules out Plague, a MAD scen could include many things even getting rid of the plague, but what explains that/those units... I dunno my two and two don't always make 4. And Cyborg, Terminator, Alien scens would all include high tech enemies.