Bring Back Sid Petition or Spock Bashing Thread

jupiterkris

Warlord
Spock has replaced Sid as the principle advisor in CIV .

He, Spock is a veritable mountain of advice .
Like ... Don't start a land war in Asia .
Truly Spock, start a sea war instead ? :crazyeye:

I say, Bring Back Sid . :D
In your opinion, should Sid have been replaced ? :mischief:

-- a humble CIV Sid acolyte

Spock isn't an advisor. He just speaks up the tech quotes. Things like "Don't start a land war in Asia" (whatever that means, I admit) are just tips that play while the game is being set up.

Meh, I like it, I just wish he also said the source of the quote as well when you discover a tech.

Expressionless and stiff as Nimoy is as a vocal actor, it could have been worse. They could have brought in Shatner.

"Don't start a land war in Asia" is a quote from the movie Princess Bride, in which it is listed as the greatest of the 'classical blunders'

Just fyi.

I thought it was pretty cool to have Leonard Nimoy to speak the quotes. Interesting pick, even.

Glinka said:
Expressionless and stiff as Nimoy is as a vocal actor, it could have been worse. They could have brought in Shatner.

Good one. :)

xGBox said:
I thought it was pretty cool to have Leonard Nimoy to speak the quotes. Interesting pick, even.

Agreed. Anyone who has seen/heard his cameos on the Simpsons knows that he is the man.

Artagel said:
"Don't start a land war in Asia" is a quote from the movie Princess Bride, in which it is listed as the greatest of the 'classical blunders'

Just fyi.

It's also a misquote from Field Marshal Montgomery who claimed that 'Don't commit your army to a land war in Asia' was his second rule of warfare, the first being 'Don't march on Moscow'.

MikeH said:
It's also a misquote from Field Marshal Montgomery who claimed that 'Don't commit your army to a land war in Asia' was his second rule of warfare, the first being 'Don't march on Moscow'.

I'm afraid it isn't a misquote. It would require they were qouting one source wrongly, rather than a different source altogether. I laughed outloud when I saw that quote, because in the context of "The Princess Bride" it is comedy gold. And corny comedy is cute.

Sorry I meant the film misquoted Monty, I'm sure the game quotes the film accurately :) .

"Hey Spock, what do you want on your hotdog?"

Someone's gotta recognize this one....

-cc

I do- from the Monorail episode of the Simpsons...I am the undisputed king of Simpsons trivia!

Spock's answer to the hot dog vendor, by the way? "Surprise me!"

EDIT: as Aussie_Lurker pointed out, it's from the X-Files crossover episode, not the Monrail episode.

MikeH said:
Sorry I meant the film misquoted Monty, I'm sure the game quotes the film accurately :) .

That is the problem, have you seen the movie? It wasn't trying to quote monty at all. :crazyeye:

Let's not forgot Nimoy's cameo as the narrator in the Simpsons/X-Files crossover. Vaguely from memory: "Hello, I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounter is true and by true, I mean false. Its all lies. But they're entertaining lies, and in the end isn't that the real truth? The answer is no."

Marcus Cicero said:
That is the problem, have you seen the movie? It wasn't trying to quote monty at all. :crazyeye:

Surely it came from somewhere, or it would have never found it's way into the script?

Oggums said:
Surely it came from somewhere, or it would have never found it's way into the script?

Indeed you are correct. It is entirely probable it came from a writers brain :)

Have you seen it?

Hey if you don't like it you could mod to your own voice or anyone else IMO i think nimoy is great

Top Bottom