Bring back the advisors!

darkedone02

The Suggestor
In civilization 4, they got rid of the images of multiple moods and emotions of the advisor for some reason, and I kinda dislike a bit. What i like to see in civilization 5 is these new advisor that just walk up into the screen, has voice-over, and similar to leaderheads, shows animations. Whenever I want to open up the tech screen, this is what I want to see:

*advisor walks up the screen*

Advisor: hello <leadername>, I like to say that funding is <depend on percentage> is quite <low or high>, this is <bad or good> for our research team!

Advisor: right now, we are researching <tech>, then progress to <selective choice> after we get done.

on the animations I like to see the advisor show a line or a bar graph, and do some random things (mixing chemicals, reading a scroll/magazine/comic, or anything else).

What I also like to hear and be able to do, is to be able to make custom animations for the advisor, change the voice overs, and change it's quotes. Why? Just to make sure it mix will with other mods that wish to add in their own custom advisors, and to add in some humorous or silly things (like a scientist or a culture advisor reading a playboy magazine).

Personally, I wish we could return the fighting advisors of old. <getting nostalgic>

I want Elvis back.

Which one was that... was it Civ2? Been forever, but we used to have video clips of advisors... it was hilarious... I do miss them... honestly I do... we seem to have regressed in the advisor department.

Also, have a toggle to turn them on or disable them... I think some folks must have hated them because we haven't seen them since, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Which one was that... was it Civ2? Been forever, but we used to have video clips of advisors... it was hilarious... I do miss them... honestly I do... we seem to have regressed in the advisor department.

Also, have a toggle to turn them on or disable them... I think some folks must have hated them because we haven't seen them since, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Yep, Civ 2. Civ 3 had the advisor pages like Civ 4.

Yep, Civ 2. Civ 3 had the advisor pages like Civ 4.

Yes, but C3 also had advisorheads that expressed their mood, and the Foreign Advisor would (with his face!) tell you whether the other guy was likely to take the deal, not to mention provide you with some basic intel.

Great find, Searcheagle. Where'd all the fun go?

Top Bottom