Bring back the natural looking borders, please!

Do you want the natural looking borders in CBE?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • Yes I do!

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

OldmansHQ

Warlord
Hi!

I don't know if it's just me, but the borders in CBE which perfectly follow the hexagons bother me. The natural looking borders in Civ5 were one of the things that impressed me the most when I first started playing that game, they just look cool! I understand that the perfectly straight borders with pointy angles fit more thematically, they look futuristic, yet they seem like a step back and I don't like them! They don't look as good as the natural looking borders, it's as simple as that.

Please, triple please, with cherry on top, bring back the good old natural looking borders from Civ5.

The nice & pretty borders:

The no no, the bad bad borders:

If you are with me on this one, let's make some noise, perhaps our prayers will reach 'the creators' :).

Regards,
Oldman

It's a contrast at first, but the whole aesthetic is based around the hexagon. It's fitting.

I didn't like them at start, but they're growing on me with every new preview.

I still think they would look better if they kept the straight edges but rounded the corners a little bit... but it's not a big deal, all in all.

Perhaps poll options that don't resemble the Crimea independence referendum would help your case? Yes or yes is not a choice.

This. I entered the topic with plan to vote "No." since I like the crisp look of new ones.

Actually 'the choices' do differ :).

My old teacher would say that apart from the positive and negative answer there should be a neutral one. I think that there is no need for it, neutral means that it could be either way for you, so you might as well not participate in the poll at all. In this case, I went one step further... I thought I'd make this easier both for people who's mouse cursor is at the very top of the screen and those who have it located elsewhere :). This way one doesn't have to move their cursor more than it is really necessary. As a Civ player you must understand the importance of efficiency, I'm sure you do. See? All makes perfect sense!

I honestly don't see the appeal of these new borders. They do fit with the futuristic theme, but visually are far from impressive. Think about this, what would a woman be without all the gentle curves? Borders are no different, after all, they can be orgasm inducing (sometimes), and they do need the gentle curves.

Actually 'the choices' do differ :).

My old teacher would say that apart from the positive and negative answer there should be a neutral one. I think that there is no need for it, neutral means that it could be either way for you, so you might as well not participate in the poll at all. In this case, I went one step further... I thought I'd make this easier both for people who's mouse cursor is at the very top of the screen and those who have it located elsewhere :). This way one doesn't have to move their cursor more than it is really necessary. As a Civ player you must understand the importance of efficiency, I'm sure you do. See? All makes perfect sense!

I see your point...
so 8 votes=yes
and ~378 votes (total number of views) against

so ~2.5% of the people who saw your poll think it is worth changing.

Excellent way to falsify your hypothesis that the borders should be changed.
I'm surprised you got 90%+ of the civ forum community to agree....borders with angles and corners are a lock :)

I see your point...
so 8 votes=yes
and ~378 votes (total number of views) against

so ~2.5% of the people who saw your poll think it is worth changing.

Excellent way to falsify your hypothesis that the borders should be changed.
I'm surprised you got 90%+ of the civ forum community to agree....borders with angles and corners are a lock :)
How do you know that these 378 were going to say 'no'? Perhaps they would choose the neutral answer, if there was one. You don't know. So perhaps it is 8 votes for and 0 against. What I'm doing is not hypothesizing, it's pleading :).

Both styles have it's apppeal.
Of course, but the natural looking one is far superior, I think we all agree :p.

Of course, but the natural looking one is far superior, I think we all agree :p.

Err, I think if this thread proves anything, it's that we all DON'T agree. I for one think the new borders look fine, I have no complaint about them whatsoever.

Err, I think if this thread proves anything, it's that we all DON'T agree. I for one think the new borders look fine, I have no complaint about them whatsoever.
I could quote a few people to show you that some of us do agree, not to mention the 8 votes, 100% votes for the old borders :).

Wish there was option 3 : No, keep the new borders style.

I like the old civ 5 borders a lot more but it would be nice to have a real poll.

How do you know that these 378 were going to say 'no'? Perhaps they would choose the neutral answer, if there was one. You don't know. So perhaps it is 8 votes for and 0 against. What I'm doing is not hypothesizing, it's pleading :).

378 that did Not vote for... so 8 for changing, ~378 that are Not for changing

That said you should definitely have more poll options like

Yes, If Firaxis doesn't make the borders natural, I'm not buying BE
Yes, hexagonal borders are unrealistic
Yes, hexagonal borders are offensive
Yes, hexagonal borders sell out to the CivRev crowd
Yes, Slavic Federation should not have hexagonal borders
Yes, natural borders would be more edgy and dark
Yes, why is there not a natural border Affinity

See.. those are the poll options we really need :)

Any BE poll without the Slavic Federation isn't worth it anymore :c
That said, I hope it's a toggleable thing, with straight borders offering some improvement in speed maybe? That way everyone can have the version they want.

378 that did Not vote for... so 8 for changing, ~378 that are Not for changing

That said you should definitely have more poll options like

Yes, If Firaxis doesn't make the borders natural, I'm not buying BE
Yes, hexagonal borders are unrealistic
Yes, hexagonal borders are offensive
Yes, hexagonal borders sell out to the CivRev crowd
Yes, Slavic Federation should not have hexagonal borders
Yes, natural borders would be more edgy and dark
Yes, why is there not a natural border Affinity

See.. those are the poll options we really need :)
Good idea, if only I knew how to edit the poll, I would have added these right away.

Any BE poll without the Slavic Federation isn't worth it anymore :c
That said, I hope it's a toggleable thing, with straight borders offering some improvement in speed maybe? That way everyone can have the version they want.
That is a very naive approach. Not everyone can have what they want because... Well, because life can't be that good.

Only Slavic Federation gets curvy borders? And the rest gets the crappy sharp ones?

Top Bottom