Bringing a Civilization Back From the Dead

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by MerchantCo, Aug 27, 2013.

1. MerchantCo

MerchantCo Merchant

Let's say one of your neighbour's got completely bamboozled by Shaka. Later in the game, you destroy Shaka, and liberate your defeated neighbour's capital. This neighbour was guarded at the time he was destroyed, but when he is brought back to life from complete annihilation, he is still guarded. Why should a civilization, that only exists because of your kindness, still be angry at you for your past offences? I believe that a civilization that is brought back from annihilation should forget all past offences, and start anew. That civilization should only remember the good things that happened in the past, and it definitely shouldn't nitpick over past quarrels when it owes its own existance to you! :lol:

2. Ximixanga

Ximixanga Enlightened Despot

If you got roughed up a few times, you'd be suspicious of everyone else too. It's something that happens to people that have been victimized before, even to the people that have helped them. Part of the reason I think they're really guarded is probably because they see you as a warmonger and not a liberator, which most civs tend to dislike. That and they probably are cautious of your military might and your proximity to their borders if you're close to them.

For what it's worth, you've locked their vote in for world leader. City states that have been liberated tend to vote for their liberator rather than their ally and I think it works the same way with liberated civs.