Bringing back dead wonders

Case

The horror, the horror
In a scenario I'm currently working on I've accidently allowed a city with an important wonder to be destroyed by famine, thereby destroying the wonder :o
Is there anyway to 'resurect' the wonder, and have it advailable for building?

Your problem can be fixed with hex editing the save file. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, I could do it for you if you'd post your scenario file here. Otherwise, here's the information taken from "All common knowledge about HEX-EDITING" by Allard Höfelt.

3. WONDERS
(source Allard Höfelt)
Near the start of the saved game, at offset 266 until 321, is where all information about wonders is stored. All 28 wonders have 2 bytes of information for them, so in total the block for all wonders is 56 bytes long.

If the 2 bytes for a wonder are
- FF FF : the wonder has not yet been built.
- FE FF : the wonder is destroyed (city where it stood is not stored).
- otherwise the number is the city ID number. 00 00 the very first city built, etc.

Oryx, here's the file: It's the Colossus wonder (renamed Dutch East Indies) which needs fixing.

Please send the fixed file to nick_dowling@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!:cool:

Oh, and here's a screenshot for you Civfan only folks :)

Basically, the scenario is a MP only scenario based on the naval aspects of the Napolionic wars

Here's a picture of American and British ships off the US coast

Attachments

• engage1.gif
    engage1.gif
    37.7 KB · Views: 147
And another shot showing Malayan Pirates harrasing a British Indiaman

Attachments

• engage2.gif
    engage2.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 142
The file has been sent. The subject is bringing back dead wonders and the attachment is build4_f.sav.

Napoleonic Naval Wars, I like that subject. :)

Thanks!

Top Bottom