Bringing Back Original Terra Map

SpartanU

Chieftain
Any thoughts on bringing back the original terra map from vanilla civ? I usually play on the world map for HR, but on vanilla civ I usually played on terra, and I think bringing back terra would be interesting considering HR's dissent an civil war mechanic will add a new layer of strategy to colonization.

HR already includes a Terra map generator. Is the one from vanilla significantly different?

On vanilla civ, the terra map generates two main continents, and puts all the civs on one continent. This makes colonization easier, and a bigger part of the game than on other maps.

On vanilla civ, the terra map generates two main continents, and puts all the civs on one continent. This makes colonization easier, and a bigger part of the game than on other maps.

Terra mapscripts usually make maps with continents and climate that are vaguely similar to Earth. What you're describing sounds different but I never played vanilla so I can't say for sure. Anyway, both the Tectonics and World mapscripts in HR have options for 'Old World Starts' which should achieve what you want.

Top Bottom