Bringing the RPG in DG3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
With DG3 about to begin, this world will soon come to an end. How much of the current RPG do we want to import to DG3?

Our current selves are an obvious no-nos. Vanir, Doughnutia, etc will all have to go.

What about rulesets? Will we bringing all of them in their current form over?

I see no problem with carrying over the current rulesets. They seem to work well enough, although they could use some tweaking. I agree that keeping Vanir, Doughnutia, Cupertania, etc. is a no-no. I would suggest that we also do away with the currents religions (like Spiritualism and Jediism) and create new ones next time. I am assuming it is a given that everyone will lose their money?

Let's just start from scratch just carrying over existing rulesets. There should also be new teams for the leagues.

Originally posted by Grandmaster
I see no problem with carrying over the current rulesets. They seem to work well enough, although they could use some tweaking. I agree that keeping Vanir, Doughnutia, Cupertania, etc. is a no-no. I would suggest that we also do away with the currents religions (like Spiritualism and Jediism) and create new ones next time. I am assuming it is a given that everyone will lose their money?

Not the religions. I was a Jedi in the first demogame as well. Spiritualism is not even Fanatikan. I will stick to being a Jedi (Well, Sky is going to stick to being a Jedi).

Most stuff should not carry over with the exception of the rulesets.

@SAaM- I'm against seeing any of the current houses reborn in the new CFC world.

Originally posted by Zarn

Not the religions. I was a Jedi in the first demogame as well. Spiritualism is not even Fanatikan. I will stick to being a Jedi (Well, Sky is going to stick to being a Jedi).

Same here Zarn :)

The rulesets were designed with an eye toward the next RPG/Demogame. Carry them over, by all means!

Obviously, we all start over anew in the new game. If we have another Jedi religion, fine. But it is *not* an extension of this one. There will be no Princes, Generals, or anything like that to start. We will all begin as wanderers in the wilderness, settling in some place to found a new nation.

Agreed. There will be no extension.

one point:
participating in the war-ruleset should be mandatory for all land-owners :)
i believe we setup the "optout" rule because we started the ruleset after starting the rpg, so all landowners should not be opted out.

I agree with dis. New characters/stats in the new game. I know that in "normal" RPGs you take the same character from game to game, but those generally always take place in the same "universe" at least, where it is reasonably logical to continue with the same character. But each Demogame is a universe unto itself, and has no real relationship with previous ones.

There will be no "Padma, Prince of Lancre" in DG3. Who knows, I may end up as "Padma, the bum". :lol:

I agree that everything should start from scratch. I would also like to see what we can do to keep the RPG as close to the actual game process as possible. In other words, no knights in 2000 BC, no Stock Markets until Economics, no football games before the discovery of Electronics, etc. This may prove to be tough, and a bit boring at first, but would eventually yield a greater, more believable tale.

Does anyone think this is possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom