Britain: Age of Gunpowder part 1 (Feb 08, 2008)

Sandris

Happiness to everybody
Britain: Age of Gunpowder, part I

Historical non-civ colored version.

British Musketeer, 1700
British Grenadier, 1700
British Royal Redcoat, 1750
(North America Campaign)
British Royal Redcoat, 1790
British Grenadier, 1800-1815
(Napoleonic Times)
British Foot Guard, 1800-1815 (Napoleonic Times)
British Colonial Rifleman, 1890

DOWNLOAD 7 British units

... to be continued with the Part II ...(suggestions and requests are welcome)

Last edited:
Very nice! Liz will be very happy! :D

Brilliant work inded.

Very, very nice the more units from this time period you crank out the more gaps get filled in. Thank you so much for making these.

Alright some suggestions as you wished in the first post for pack 2:

Zulu War Rifleman: Unit from the British campaign against the Zulu(or would the colonial rifleman forefill this role?)

Very Late 19th century Rifleman: Post redcoat era, with tan uniform.

Thats all I can think of, hope that helps.

Beautiful units, Sandris! These will come in very useful!

Sandris, your units are simply magnificent! I'm curious though as to why you eschew Civ-colored units? Surely nothing is lost (in this case, Britain's Civ color could certainly be red) and I, for one, am champing at the bit to use your units as much as possible!

Best,

Oz

Not sure about the pouf on the top, but yes, they liked their mitre caps.

:banana:
I usually prefer playing the Ancient/Medieval focused mods, but your previews make me want to see them in play! Amazing detail on the packs, etc.!

A simple suggestion: do a version of the "Colonial Rifleman" in khaki with the belts/straps/boots in dark brown.

Also, I add my voice to the clamor for civ-colored versions.

Superb! I love your packs. Will there be WW1 packs as well? We could need more infantry of that era, to go with Wyrm's nice early tanks and biplanes.

Very nicely done!
Are you perhaps familiar with the works of the author Bernard Cornwell?
He has written a series of historical novels set in the Napoleonic Era.
The protagonist is Richard Sharpe, a lieutenant in a British Rifle regiment using the Baker Rifle.
Cornwell has written 24 books in the series so far, spanning the early days in India, 1799, to the imprisonment of Napoleon on Saint Helena, 1820.

I was thinking it would be a terrific addition to this set to include a rifle unit from the European theatre. Here is a link to Wikipedia's page on Cornwell.

Here are some images:
Rifles.jpg

Top Bottom