British Avro Lancaster: bomber reskin

Polycrates

Emperor
Just a reskin of the default bomber (which is actually a Lancaster model), into a British WWII Lancaster nightbomber paint scheme. Designations are from the famous "G for George" (actually flown by the RAAF :p). I also removed teamcolour from the wings and tail, and toned down the glossiness and exaggerated highlights slightly to bring it more into line with other modded WWII planes. Damagestates have also been updated. Download is 3 textures and 2 nifs; all the textures have been changed, the nifs are just the default bomber nifs stuck in for completeness. Obviously it still uses normal bomber animations. It's not a total reskin, so the Firaxis artists deserve most of the credit, but it might still be of use to anyone making a WWII mod or whatever. Anyway, enjoy!

EDIT: Archive now also includes second skinset with a noseart girl and different designation. Not based on any particular aircraft.

Download

Looks Great. I have a scale model of this thing that looks exactly like your skin. With one exception... the white dots thingie on the nose... shouldn't there be kind of a Nose-art-painting ? My model has a girl painted there... Or did just americans do that kind of thing ?

Looks Great. I have a scale model of this thing that looks exactly like your skin. With one exception... the white dots thingie on the nose... shouldn't there be kind of a Nose-art-painting ? My model has a girl painted there... Or did just americans do that kind of thing ?

I think sometimes they did have pictures and stuff. This one is based on a specific bomber that I used to always go see in the Australian War Memorial when I was a kid, and which is just completely cool :D It just had little bomb symbols for each of the incredible number of bombing runs it did (I found a picture where it used to have a kangaroo picture, but the thing bombed so many nazis that they had to get rid of it to make way for more bomb symbols). Here's a picture (excuse the awful quality).

EDIT: I went and added a version with a noseart girl as well, for exciting variety and such!

Thank you :) - it would be used for british as UU in 1939

Top Bottom