1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

British Pensioners Malnourished.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Norlamand, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Norlamand

Norlamand Procrastinator Rex

Half a million British pensioners suffer.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4115461.stm

2. Jawz II

Jawz II Oh Dear

they prolly havent heard about cat food!

btw are you going for some kind of anti-british troll threads posted in shortest period of time record or something?

3. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Yes, it's old news (no pun intended), and it's why I'm voting for the Lib Dems.

4. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

Can't be bothered to read the whole article, but if the situation's anything like the one in Sweden, one big reason is that plenty of old people just can't be bothered to eat sensibly.

5. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

Elderly people face a big problem, of when to get help in, when to decide they are not coping and eventually when to get in a home. Some may not have family support, or reject it in favour of staying independent.

The result, the richest section of society, suffers the deprivations you'd expect mainly in the poor. What is needed is to get pensioners to take greater care of each other, be more neighbourly rather than hiding themselves away...that can work when you are young and independent, but when you start getting older, you need people to spot the decline and intervene.

The problem isn't money, it is how it is distributed and more importantly (I've got grandparents) getting them to accept the help on offer - very hard!

Enjoying Norlamands bash Britain day...maybe I'll do a bash Mexico day...