Brits, will you vote for the AV system ?

But those traditions are dumb.

Well NZ voting is different from most sort of voting systems. I do think Australia' is the fairest of the lot, since it allows for you to make a protest vote count, if you want to and still have your vote count towards whom you would want to have in government.

Well NZ voting is different from most sort of voting systems. I do think Australia' is the fairest of the lot, since it allows for you to make a protest vote count, if you want to and still have your vote count towards whom you would want to have in government.

I agree, I would far rather have STV than MMP, but the main political parties here tried it on by saying the only way we could have change was by MMP.
Typical politicians, no way did they want us choosing all those who went into parliament at the ballot.
I would like to have STV and American type primaries to choose whom the parties puts forward to the general election.

Why not try our method?

it is funny when i am talking to some people when I say that iI am voting for a minor party, they say that I am throwing my vote away. Obviously they do not understand the way our system works.

If the tories are against it, there must be something in it. I'll be voting yes.

If the tories are against it, there must be something in it. I'll be voting yes.

If the Tories and Labour had a bit more cunning they would be stating it was well worth looking at, which would put a lot of punters off the idea.
Good thing those in favour of change can rely on the stupidity of most politicians ;)

For. S'bout bloody time, and all.

...The fact that I support a fringe party is neither here nor there. :mischief:

For. S'bout bloody time, and all.

...The fact that I support a fringe party is neither here nor there. :mischief:
I'll be happy with it for fringe party reason as well even though that isn't my main reason for voting for it. I would just like the option of being able to give the Green (or even Labour) party my 1st vote in Bath without it beign wasted, which is always very much Lib Dem versus Tory.

This will be the first vote that i can participate in (yay!). i intend to throw my support behind it. it isn't the kinda system i would want, but it is better than at the moment.

But those traditions are dumb.
No they aren't, due to the fact that FPTP discourages extremist voting and fractured party systems.

No they aren't, due to the fact that FPTP discourages extremist voting and fractured party systems.

I agree with this, although I'm still undecided. FPTP does have it's benefits, but the fact that our government is decided by a tiny minority of swing voters living in swing constuencies cannot be ignored. I live in a tory (extremely) safe seat, but I am a supporter of labour meaning that my vote never counts for anything. I'm hoping that AV will at least partially change this without causing the fractured systems ascociated with STV.

Right, because Australia is an ungovernable mess riven by tiny extremist parties.

Top Bottom