'Bro, do you even whip?' - Civ IV memes thread

Okay, I want Angry Arnie in my game now. :lmao:

Attachments

• bordersclosedc.jpg
    bordersclosedc.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 3,077
Artificial intelligence is, well, artificial.

Attachments

• Images_64711System_Random_jpg_jpg(1)1577478076.jpg
    Images_64711System_Random_jpg_jpg(1)1577478076.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 784
Artificial intelligence is, well, artificial.

Immediately made me think of an AI stupidity from a yonder back that I just resized and slapped some text on:

Attachments

• civ4cuzlogiccropped.png
    civ4cuzlogiccropped.png
    438.6 KB · Views: 1,221
I don't see what's so bad about forts on resources outside the fat cross

1) With mines you could get excess gold to trade,
2) This area isn't even being attacked - such would be a bad idea anyway because you'd have to fight your way through the enemy's free +25% def and limited to 1 MPT unless your units have Commando - and
3) Even if it WERE being attacked, forts still do no good unless you have units there defending them.

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head. But yes, gold mines are more optimal in the BFC. But you have to admit... gold mines are generally more useful than gold forts.

You'd clearly put a rubbish mini city in there to run a farm and 1.5 mines and build National Wonder prereqs.

1) With mines you could get excess gold to trade,
2) This area isn't even being attacked - such would be a bad idea anyway because you'd have to fight your way through the enemy's free +25% def and limited to 1 MPT unless your units have Commando - and
3) Even if it WERE being attacked, forts still do no good unless you have units there defending them.

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head. But yes, gold mines are more optimal in the BFC. But you have to admit... gold mines are generally more useful than gold forts.

You also get the excess gold by building a fort on it, don't you?That's why they are building forts if the place is in cultural borders but cannot be reached by a city.Then a fort is more useful.

You get the resource with forts in BTS but not Vanilla or Warlords. I can't tell from the pic which version of Civ IV the forts were built in.

I have noticed a trend in barbarian mating habits through several recent games on huge/marathon/raging/flat maps. A sort of "Finger of God" barbarian attack.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• WhatCanMenDo.jpg
    WhatCanMenDo.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 5,367
Hahaha, oh wow

I guess the pathfinding AI just moves 1mp units horizontally or vertically until it's directly diagonal? Or maybe terrain features are funnelling?

On the bright side, build TGW and watch the tide flow past and drown all the AI XD

LOL i can really relate to this :lol: Oranje does the same in my previous game :lol::lol::D

This actually just happened the prior session...

Justinian declared war. My platoons of Horse Archers decimated his squads of Swordsmen.

I sued for peace, he complied.

Then he declared war again, and sent down...

... one, ONE SINGLE LONELY Swordman.

Killed that, waited, no more armies, sued for peace again...

... this time Justinian, in addition to agreeing for peace, also offered 3 gpt.

:scan:

Why is Seoul at one pop if they've teched archery? Wouldn't it have grown in the time needed to tech it, let alone built an archer afterwards? Also, looking at the shape of the flags, the barbs have advanced to the medieval era while Korea is still in the ancient or classical era.

Why is Seoul at one pop if they've teched archery? Wouldn't it have grown in the time needed to tech it, let alone built an archer afterwards? Also, looking at the shape of the flags, the barbs have advanced to the medieval era while Korea is still in the ancient or classical era.

It's 100 AD, city is whipped-down, I'm in medieval so the barb UI is, too, and this is a WB shot of the last AI standing.

Here's a bit of a twist--on a photoshop battle website the challenge was to use a penny and a toasted slice of bread--look what happens with these merge with Civ IV!!

Spoiler :
Now here's a nice mod setup for a scenario set in 50s America, with pennies and toast and marauding moms and pops. Oh look, Treehouse 1N... no girls allowed!

I rather think I can indulge myself with a self-necro.

Attachments

• CivSuggestion.jpg
    CivSuggestion.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3,488
Top Bottom