Broken Achievements in BNW

FeiLing

Deity
Broken Achievement #1 - Pickett's Recharge:
Tried just taking it; playing the next turn. Taking it and losing the game through time. Taking it and winning the game by capturing Washington after that. Nothing worked.
\ModdedSaves\single\
BNW_cw [FeiLing] - George Pickett v1.Civ5Save
BNW_cw [FeiLing] - George Pickett v2.Civ5Save
(Two more saves by another guy here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=501056)
Pickett's Recharge (Capture Gettysburg with a Confederate Infantry unit possessing the George Pickett promotion.)

Broken Achievement #2 - Dr Livingstone I presume?:
The only untested thing is getting next to him when he is digging... it's untested because he doesn't seem to do that at all (that isn't what the achievement says anyway).
\ModdedSaves\single\
BNW_sfa [FeiLing] - Dr Livingstone A (3 tiles NE).Civ5Save
BNW_sfa [FeiLing] - Dr Livingstone B (3 tiles W).Civ5Save
BNW_sfa [FeiLing] - Dr Livingstone C (he's visible).Civ5Save
BNW_sfa [FeiLing] - Dr Livingstone D (move through him).Civ5Save
BNW_sfa [FeiLing] - Dr Livingstone E (next to antiquity site).Civ5Save
BNW_sfa [FeiLing] - Dr Livingstone F (just for fun another one).Civ5Save
BNW_sfa [FeiLing] - Dr Livingstone G (start digging next to him).Civ5Save
Dr Livingstone I presume? (Playing as Belgium, move your Stanley Explorer to within a tile of England’s Livingstone Explorer.)

Other broken achievements/stuff that need to be fixed/removed or adjusted:
-Achievements in Vanilla and G&Ks including a "win conditions" aren't granted with the newest patch (they are already aware of this and looking into it).
-Experimenter (Play a game with a Mod.) [unsure about this one, but it might be broken like the two below]
-Expansionist (Download a Mod.) [afaik this doesn't work since ~G&Ks/the Steam Workshop was added]
-Connoisseur (Rate a Mod.) [afaik this doesn't work since ~G&Ks/the Steam Workshop was added]
-Model of a Modern Major-General (Train all Units, across any number of playthroughs.) [it has been reported that the achievement debug doesn't update for many units/buildings. This needs to be looked at (particular reminder: do not forget about the Foreign Legion). This issue might also affect several other achievements like the 357 ships with Elizabeth, 100 GGs and building 1000 temples, mines etc.]
-All the new world scenario achievements aren't granted if you win through victory points early; instead you need to play the full 100 turns to get these.
-We are Family (Become the dominant Religion in every Capital city on a standard-size or larger map.) [used to only work with glitches in a hotseat game... dunno about the current situation, but probably nothing changed?]

So the current maximum achievable is 285 of 287 (two from BNW not working). And there are several others that got borked with the newest patch (which they already are about to fix). However there are a few listed above that got borked very long ago (about when G&Ks hit) and nothing was said about fixing these anytime soon; if you got them when they worked (Vanilla) you're fine, otherwise you're f... framed.

Just calling in that I also am not getting the achievements for winning the game.

I won a game on an Earth-type and Large-size map as Wu Zetian through Science victory. Already had the Science victory achievement, but I didn't get the achievements for winning on an Earth-type of map, on a Large-size map and as Wu Zetian.

It was a save-game from G&K reloaded in BNW (the game automatically switched the data to G&K).

Should have activated with this turn.

Moderator Action: Merged with the main thread about this issue.

Attachments

• Livingston.Civ5Save
    818.4 KB · Views: 282
It might have it set so that it needs to be next to the original Livingston since the game recycles explorers. Either way it needs to be fixed

Do acheivments unlock in offline mode? I was supposed to get the "workers unite!" acheivement, but didn't. I wasn't using any mods, though I think I was offline.

Achievements are completely bugged. I had 2 achievements reached by other civs in my game. I.e. other civs took their religion in my holy city and I got the related achievement.

Do acheivments unlock in offline mode? I was supposed to get the "workers unite!" acheivement, but didn't. I wasn't using any mods, though I think I was offline.

Nope, you must be online to get them, but if you have a save or autosave of a Turn or so before you can reload the game in online mode.

Nope, you must be online to get them, but if you have a save or autosave of a Turn or so before you can reload the game in online mode.

Thanks, I even finished a turn earlier, and got the "soma tablets" achievement. :goodjob:

I've completed all but the 2 broken BNW achievements now. And I've also updated the OP with all known (to me at least) issues about all kinds of achievements (pre-BNW).

Please let us know if you are aware of these issues and then fix them^^

I've completed all but the 2 broken BNW achievements now. And I've also updated the OP with all known (to me at least) issues about all kinds of achievements (pre-BNW).

Please let us know if you are aware of these issues and then fix them^^

I have a strange issue. I am left with "Dr Livingston I presume" and "Pickett's Recharge" but my Steam page shows that I completed 284/287 achievements. Could it be that the developers forgot to remove that infamous modded achievement before BNW came out? That was the only achievement I had left before the 2nd expansion came out.

:confused:

Yes very likely. In my steam all the ones I listed above as unobtainable by now but I've gotten earlier are still listed, so they haven't been removed and you're stuck with them, if you didn't get them when they were working.

Yes very likely. In my steam all the ones I listed above as unobtainable by now but I've gotten earlier are still listed, so they haven't been removed and you're stuck with them, if you didn't get them when they were working.

So does this mean that if my complete all the remaining 2 achievements, my Steam account will never show, "You've unlocked every single achievement. Congratulations!" Would it forever remain 1 achievement lacing IF the developers fix the 2 broken achievements in BNW?

:confused:

Say, isn't 'The Wonder Years' also broken in Brave New World? You can't build the United Nations wonder anymore, which is needed for that achievement. Of course, you can probably fix that just by disabling BNW for a single game and getting it built...

-Expansionist (Download a Mod.) [afaik this doesn't work since ~G&Ks/the Steam Workshop was added][/B]

Actually, this one works. I thought it was bugged too (it was one of the last ones I got, on 2 July this year), but I think going to the Steam Workshop with the in-game Steam browser unlocks it, or something. Honestly, I can't remember how I did it, but it does still unlock.

"Experimenter" and "expansionist" are working, I have unlocked them pretty recently. I've unlocked almost all (except the 2 bugged ones and few civ victory achievs) but I have issues with "Greed is Good"-"Have a city with the Colossus, Petra, a Caravansary, and a Harbor." I even tried your save file and doing it on my own and it doesn't unlock.

Edit: Well no idea how but I loaded the save file a 2nd time just now and this time it popped.

Top Bottom