1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Broken strategic resource trading (GS)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bitula, Feb 25, 2019.

1. bitula

bitula Prince

Played so far 2 days with GS the game is more or less void of major bugs except for this strategic resource trading, not sure if it is a bug or an exploitable feature…

Problem is that you can trade any resource for any other on a one-to-one (or low-to-low) base. For example I request one niter for one horse. If I want 20 niter I just need to repeat this 20 times. The trading partner though won’t give me 20 niter for 20 horses in one step because he thinks I’ll get too much advantage of such deal but then he shouldn’t give away the next niter in this low amount for the next time. This makes the resource management meaningless since you can almost always get any amount of resource with zero effort if you have many allies. Furthermore I can trade late era resources like aluminum for like two luxury resources which is too generous. Both problems point to a possible bug where resources when traded in low amounts are treated as in before GS where resources were not accumulative. This seems to me to be far the largest concern which needs to be fixed ASAP. Anyone else bothered by this?

Hans Tork likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Yes has been talked about in other threads... there is no memory between these trades if you do them one after the other. If you come out of the screen and back in the deal is not so great... so looks like a bug.

3. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Yesterday I bought 20 coal from Ghengis on my turn, on his next turn he wanted them back, with a painting, for a handful of gold and open borders...

Stilgar08 and Victoria like this.
  4. bitula

bitula Prince

OK, I posted this to bug section. As a temporary solution they could at least restrict trading to once per turn. Although that still wont solve the brutal amount of luxuries which you can buy with a single resource therefore basically making amenity management (like entertainment districts) pointless as well.

5. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

I made a thread about it. Now I found out that actually trading is broken and you can get infinite gold just by trading with allies and trading favours in the early game.