1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bronze & Iron

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by register, Mar 30, 2016.

1. register

register Prince

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx2sl0005doidzr/Brozne and Iron Mod.zip?dl=0

Bronze and Iron Mod covers the period of time from 1800BC to the Wars of the Diadochi and the beginning of the Roman domination around 1st century BC. My aim was do design the mod where I can play all major Mediterranean civilisations from Bronze Age and Early Iron Age as the one of the most interesting and diverse urban civilisations in their beginnings. This mod coming together with Bronze & Iron Unit Pack where the goal was to create historically accurate or almost accurate unique units for all civilisations you can play in this mod. Someone might say that I skipped one epoch, the classical period but because there are other mods on this forum which cover this period and I didn't found any other mod where I can use widely many nice historical elephant's units then I decided to go ahead with Diadochi times together with Punic Wars and enjoy elephant's battles.

Bronze & Iron Unit Pack

I would like to thank everyone from this forum for all help and support which was more than essential in order to finish this mod.

Credits to Ares de Borg, Balam-Agab, Balthasar, Big Bopper, CamJH, Delta_Strife, gwendoline, Keroro, Kinboat, Kyriakos, Micaelus, Moeniir, Plotinus, Rambuchan, Ronninn, Rob (R8XFT), Sandris ,Steph, The Guardian, Vuldacon, utahjazz7.

The Mod B&I was split to two different biq's EasternMed and WesternMed because I have around 46 nations. Most of the nations are shared between two versions, like Egypt, Hyksos, Greeks civs, Minoan civs. In EasternMed you have more Mesopotamian and Sea Peoples nations but in WesternMed I completely deleted them and put instead Italic Nations and other Western European like Gauls or Iberian.

All units with horns on helmets and feather features like Etruscan, Oscan, Samnite and Umbrian where re-rendered in order to expose them better. Before were not visible enough in the game or not visible at all from certain directions. Now it's fixed. New flc's animations can be found in mod's files. The animations where not swapped yet with flc's from B&I Units Pack's page. No time right now.

[/file]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021 at 4:58 AM
  2. wuhjah

wuhjah Prince

This is not due to the unit 32s. If the small icons on the civilopedia page are showing up pink, it's because the civilopedia must pull the icon from the unit32 instead of the small.pcx in your pediaicons text file. Probably you forgot to put part of this: #ICON_PRTO_ Double check the pediaicons for each one that is pink.

Can you be more specific? Is this all occurring in the first era? Do they work fine on the Civ selection screen at the beginning of the game? Do you have four eras of leaderheads? Even if you just copy the same name four times in the civ editor on the Civilizations tab it should work. If all of that's okay, you might double-check, and change if necessary, the palettes of the leaderheads using civ3flcedit.

Again, in the Civilizations tab in the editor, enable a flavor, say flavor 1. Then highlight that flavor for a tech on the Civilization advances tab. Repeat for the different flavors and different techs. The problem is that while this encourages them to eventually get there, there is no guarantee that they will rush straight to the tech you want.

Hope that helps.

3. register

register Prince

I double checked that but pedia lines are fine. Nothing is missing.

This occurring during the game, all eras. Selection screen is perfect. I have only one era leaderheads but I had like that before and everything was ok.

And in this moment I found something! Many of my civs have links to leaderheads attached only in first era. I will fix that and maybe that's the thing I need to do :)

4. wuhjah

wuhjah Prince

Can you post your pediaicons file? I'll take a look. I had the same problem last week. I thought it was a palette problem, but it was a text problem.

5. register

register Prince

Here it is.

*files removed

6. wuhjah

wuhjah Prince

#ICON_PRTO_Assyrian_Swordsman
    Aart\civilopedia\icons\units\Assyrian_Swordsman_L.pcx

Saw that on a quick scan, but don't imagine it's the problem you're talking about. Which units in particular are showing magenta?

7. wuhjah

wuhjah Prince

I looked through a couple more times. Didn't see any other obvious errors. If you're having trouble with another other than the Assyrian Swordsman, I'd check the naming again on the file itself as a next step.

8. register

register Prince

Thank you for that. Assyrian_Swordsman_L. pcx it was an obvious error. I didn't notice that one because in civilopedia if you go through units list Assyrian Swordsman look fine, white image is displayed. It crashed the game when I clicked on it but now is fixed. What the problem is that few of the units look wrong in unit list. When you clicked on it, game is not crashing but big image instead white is pink.

Try Diomedes, Cycladic_Spearman, Thracian_Horseman. The Diomedes wasn't change at all, file name, editor settings, icons, text lines in pedia and civilopedia, I had units32.pcx with this unit good few years before with no problems.

Oh by the way, I fixed leaderheads :). I didn't add links before in all eras, now I have all and it's working. Thank you :goodjob:

Have actually downloaded the mod?

9. wuhjah

wuhjah Prince

Glad your leaderheads are working now.

iconshelp.png

If your problem is in area 1, that's units32.
    If your problem is in area 2, that could be small pcx palette or text problem in pediaicons file.
    If your problem is in area 3, it could be large icons pcx palette or text problem in pediaicons file.

If you have just a few, like 10 or less, zip/rar them together and attach them. Palettes can be changed quickly (tomorrow. Bed time here now.) I'd be happy to help.

As it is, no I haven't gotten around to checking out your mod. It looks good, and I hope to check it out in the future. Now, I'm battling a horde of bicycle soldiers in my own mod, and they're keeping me busy.

10. register

register Prince

My problem is definitely in area 2 and 3 but as I said before I had and I have the same units, some of them not all, with the same units32, large and small icons in different mods and there everything is fine, so palette for white image must be ok. If you have on your drive any of historical mods from this forum, the Diomedes units should be there and I bet is all right.

I went to this point and set one flavor path/tech research for one civ and completely opposite flavor path to the other civ. I set percentage between two civ/flavors 100% and 0%, so this should strongly indicate to AI who research first flavor what path to choose and what not to. It's kind of working but I see that AI prefer go first for cheaper tech with less turns. I set the same cost for techs divided in certain development groups and it's working perfectly for me. If I add third path then probably AI will even more precised. Finally I know how to do flavors :) Thanks again! wuhjah

Attached Files:

11. wuhjah

wuhjah Prince

You're welcome.

Try these images and if there are others, post the names; I'll take a look.

*files removed

12. register

register Prince

Yes, it's working :) Thank you.

Ok, below remaining units, 8 of them.

*files removed

13. wuhjah

wuhjah Prince

Try these.

*files removed

14. register

register Prince

You will bored to death if I say thank you one again :) You helped me to solve all technical issues and I can now input reaming data to my mod and job done. Cheers

15. wuhjah

wuhjah Prince

Putting together a mod is a lot of work, with many small details. It's hard to get them all right the first time around. Glad I could help. Good luck with Bronze and Iron. I look forward to trying out all those new units sometime.

16. Sir Karnizer

Sir Karnizer Chieftain

Hello, magnificent scenery. I'm playing a game with Troy and so far everything works perfect except when contact with other civilizations. I mean, sometimes when contact with another civilization to exchange technologies or other things, the game crashes and I get to windows. Other times not blocked, but not the image of the leader appears and instead everything looks black. Does this happen to someone else?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      185.9 KB
      Views:
  17. register

register Prince

Below you can find the files with all errors fixed.

*files removed

18. Sir Karnizer

Sir Karnizer Chieftain

Thanks for files, now works perfectly

19. Sir Karnizer

Sir Karnizer Chieftain

I leave you some pictures of my game with the Romans. I have included some changes, if you like and you want to add the scenary.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      161.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      264 KB
      Views:
  20. Sir Karnizer

Sir Karnizer Chieftain

I forgot to say that I changed the leader of the Gauls by the latest version of Vercingetorix made by Shirokobbure and also have changed the army unit by army units made by Ronning.

I also want to say that for me this is the best scenario of classical age done so far :goodjob:. Now I can retire my old scene of TAM :lol: