Browse Mods > Online > Shows list then disappears

Kruelgor

Emperor
When I go to Browse Mods > Online > it usually will not show the list of mods, but sometimes it will show the list and when I start scrolling down to view the list, the list will go blank and nothing will appear in the list. Then I can no longer see the list even with a refresh, no matter how many times I attempt refresh.

Also the game is not closing down when I do a normal exit. It's still running in the background but its nowhere on my monitor screen, when I try to exit.

Intel I7-875k 2.93Ghz Quad-Core
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI 5830
I'm also behind a router and have not opened any ports.

I haven't been able to find this in a (not very thorough) search, but for me the mod browser simply does not work. When I load up the mod browser and click "online" I see a list of mods and it seems to be working, but after a few seconds the list disappears so that the window is empty. If I try to refresh I simply see a loading symbol that stays up for 10-20 seconds, then it disappears and nothing happens. The list of mods will not reappear unless I restart the game, but as always it disappears after a few seconds so I cannot use the mod browser at all. This happens in both DX9 and DX10/11 and Civ V is allowed in Windows Firewall. It has happened since release and has not been fixed by patches. I am on Windows 7 64 bit.

the same thing is happening to me. If you shut it down and then go into task manager and shut it down then start it up again they'll show for a few seconds again but i'd like to actually be able to look at them rather than just downloading as many as i can before they disappear.

Hi all,

When I navigate in the mods menu, the list of mods disappears in a few secs and I can only make it to appear when I re-open the game.I have downloaded some mods but I must run as hello. Even searching for a mod doesn't work.

Does it happen to everybody?

This is because I want the mod of Jew, Celt and Canadian civ

Thanks

last time I tried (after the latest patch?) the list remained up and I was able to scroll through it for a bit but when I clicked on a mod it said something about an error (which I'd never seen before) and then no longer worked.

Same here.

Windows 7, 64bit.
Behind a router with the Steam ports opened.
About once in every 10 clicks, I manage to actually get something out of it.

Same problem here.
After clicking "online", list of categories in left window shows, but clicking on category or trying to search do nothing or all categories just disapearing.
Never got any list of mods, just categories...sometimes.

Vista x64 on C:\, Steam on D:\

I have the same problem and I just sent the 2k games support an email about it so hopefully they'll do something about it. I'm using Steam, is anyone else?

Hi All

Wondering if there is a fix to this likely bug.

I click on 'Online' on the Mod section of Civ 5's main menu and initially get a list of all the available mods to download, with a side panel to the left to refine me searches.

After about 20 secs the page goes blank, all the mods vanish...pooof! :confused:

Anyone else have the problem/solution.

Thanks

i have been having issues with the mod list. i would load it then it would disappear. so tried reinstalling civ v and now civ v won't even load. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

can run civ v now after clearing out my mod folder. but still can't keep the mod screen up for more than a few seconds.

Hello.

My problem, which I've had since release day, is that I cannot use the mod browser. Specifically, when clicking on the 'Online' tab to get the list of mods, said list will vanish after just a couple of seconds. The navigation buttons also vanish. In their place is either a blank screen, or (if I have clicked on a navigation button, or tried to browse to a different page) a round green loading icon which remains there continuously.

Oddly, if I do click to download something on that first page, it does download correctly even if everything vanishes while it is downloading.

Is there some kind of router setting I should be using?

well it seems we have quite a few people with the same problem. can anyone offer some insight or at least direct us to someone who can? any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom